We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Manual Update 1.5.2 [Answered] | Forum

Saif
Saif Apr 9 '13
Oxwall docs say

If autoupdate can't be applied you can try manual core update.

1. Download Oxwall Update Pack at Oxwall.org/download;
  2. Unpack it to the root folder of your software install;
  3. Finalize update by calling yoursite.com/ow_updates

Where exactly do i unpack the Oxwall update pack 1.5.2Is it ow-core ?
The Forum post is edited by Alia Apr 11 '13
Nicholai
Nicholai Apr 9 '13
I did this and it says my site is up to date but now its just a blank white screen... http://gilznorf.com/
Alia Team
Alia Apr 10 '13
LeAnn Jones
LeAnn Jones Apr 10 '13

ok.  Like Saif said above, Oxwall docs say if the autoupdate can't be applied to try the manual core updates. 

I am new to ALL of this.  So I have no idea where ANYTHING is.  I need to know from the ground up step by step and where everything is to update my site.

My site is hosted by hostica.  I have softaculous.  That is where I downloaded oxwall to begin with but the version is 1.5.1 and it doesn't have the new 1.5.2 version yet.  So I downloaded it from oxwall.  Ok.  Now, when I downloaded it I go to the folder that it is in and there are many files in this folder.  What do I do with all of them?  Which one is which?  I keep hearing something about a 'root' folder?  Where is that at? 

How do I update my site.  I need to know this from square one in terms that a person with no experience can understand.  If you say I need to put this into a root folder then I need to know where that root folder is, how to get to it, and what to do.

Please help.

LeAnn

Alia Team
Alia Apr 10 '13
1.Unpack it to the root folder of your software install;

What root folder is in the context?
It is the place where all other Oxwall files are located. So if Oxwall files are located directly in public html directory, unpack them there. If your Oxwall files are located in some kind of subfolder, for example yousteiname.com/myoxwall, then download files to "myoxwall" folder and unpack them there.

My oxwall site is located under www.myurls.com/oxwallaliia.
So I download update pack there and extract files there as well.
DON'T upload update pack into one of the existing oxwall folders like "ow_includes" or "ow_core".

After extracting follow further instructions given at : http://docs.oxwall.org/install:update
Saif
Saif Apr 11 '13
Thanks for the details Aliia :)

Now hope there must not arise further issues with 1.5.2 :)

Rainier Sotelo
Rainier Sotelo Apr 18 '13
Hello Aliia,
I am currently using Oxwall version 1.5.1, do I need to upload and extract oxwall-1.5.2 & ow_core_update_pack_1.5.2 then upload and extract oxwall-1.5.3 & ow_core_update_pack_1.5.3 or I just need to upload and extract ow_core_update_pack_1.5.2 and ow_core_update_pack_1.5.3 to update my site to Oxwall 1.5.3

Quote from Aliia 1.Unpack it to the root folder of your software install;

What root folder is in the context?
It is the place where all other Oxwall files are located. So if Oxwall files are located directly in public html directory, unpack them there. If your Oxwall files are located in some kind of subfolder, for example yousteiname.com/myoxwall, then download files to "myoxwall" folder and unpack them there.

My oxwall site is located under www.myurls.com/oxwallaliia.
So I download update pack there and extract files there as well.
DON'T upload update pack into one of the existing oxwall folders like "ow_includes" or "ow_core".

After extracting follow further instructions given at : http://docs.oxwall.org/install:update