We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Searching for low price didicated server | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Donamix
Donamix Apr 10 '13
I had a shared server, but it got suspended my web host providers said my account is pushing load on the server with dual xeon CPUs, 32GB RAM, RAID10

i get traffic, busy site, heavy code, heavy MYSQL usage.

They said the guaranteed solution will be dedicated server.

The cost of didicated server is $179.95 is monthly. 

Isn't that very expensive..

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks

Donamix
Donamix Apr 10 '13
Here is what i got from my web host providers:

Maybe it is some plugin, we cannot really discuss if its fair or not, we are letting you know that we cannot allow your site on shared hosting because its causing load problems to server, and that affect other users. Your account is pushing 70% of server load because of actions done to MYSQL.

Therefore we have no choice but to ask either to move away from shared account, or cancel service with us, as we cannot host this site anymore. Its braking our Terms Of Services as its using extreme amount of server resources. 

Joseph
Joseph Apr 10 '13
well if you are not worried about the fancy stuf like cpanel and you can operate a site using programs like winscp and puTTy I can set you up with a guy who set up my site I currently pay 73 dollar a month and that's for extra units in case my sites growth spikes it took soem getting used to but now is pretty good the other alternative I suggest is to move your chat system to a push service like arrowchat and cometchat provide  i know instant chat is a very taxing plugin from what I have gathered and I would really like to test that theory to see if it would be good anyways this is my 2 cents on it 
Donamix
Donamix Apr 10 '13
Don't worry about my chat it's not taking any space, my chat is already hosted with the software owners company i hosted the chat on their dedicated server.

Explain what do you mean by not worried about the fancy stuf like cpanel?

I use FTP fileZilla

The Forum post is edited by Donamix Apr 10 '13
Donamix
Donamix Apr 10 '13
Another reply from my hosting:

Alternatively, you may discuss with with oxwall.

All actions are related to "ow_newsfeed" DB query, so they might be able to explain you what happens with this part of database and why its overloading. 

Additionally, you can address this issue with the script developers and if the resource usage gets lowered, a cloud vps may be enough to handle the entire account.

The Forum post is edited by Donamix Apr 11 '13
Alia Team
Alia Apr 11 '13
Donamix, do you by any chance using Autonewsfeed plugin?
Donamix
Donamix Apr 11 '13
Quote from Aliia Donamix, do you by any chance using Autonewsfeed plugin?

Yes i am using that..

But after i upgraded the software to the new version yesterday

I started to get that 500 Error not sure which plugin did that thou,

Error 500
Internal Server Error.

Donamix
Donamix Apr 11 '13
I upgraded to a new plan VPS cloud server with 4GB of RAM