We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error: Reset code already sent. Please try again in 10 minutes. | Forum

Raja Rajan
Raja Rajan Apr 19 '13
I faced this error when my users reset the password. Even for a complete day we will not receive PASSWORD Reset mails. 

Finally I found the answer after breaking the head. 

I am not a PHP or MYSQL Geek. In fact i do not know what is php or mysql. I know only HTML codes. That too only CUT PASTE OR COPY PASTE style only. I was in urge to convince my users as i got several calls.

So i installed the recent oxwall 1.5.3 in a new database 

Then i verified table by table in my old DATABASE through PHP ADMIN

There i found a table named    ow_base_user_reset_password

I compared both fresh data base and old database. My Cron job is running every minute and i am getting update every minute from Cpanel

So finally in the table ow_base_user_reset_password Several people tried for PASSWORD reset. and no body is getting mails. 

So I deleted all those password requests in ow_base_user_reset_password TABLE. 

Then i checked the site which is running with old data base. By resetting my own password. It worked well.  Again i asked my users over phone to reset their password. They said they got mails and resented. Now they are alright. 

So the ERROR is just a mismatch of VERSION or it may be due to NEW updation. Also in BLUEHOST SIMPLE SCRIPT Installation section OXWALL icon was not found. Usually i use to install from Simple Script Control panel of BLUEHOST. I do not know why OXWALL hates BLUEHOST.  

But anyway.... Oxwall took a great class for the people like who do not know even basic PHP and MYSQL sytems. I learned one by one by VIDEO TUTORIALS in using the PHP MYADMIN and started to install and finished everything. I am really happy. 

Can we say EVEN A NONTECHNICAL PERSON SHALL USE OXWALL.............Ya its possible if they have basic knowledge.

If the CRON JOB is ok and if you face the same error and if it asked you to try again in 10 minutes and if it failed to sent the mail to the user Just DELETE the PASSWORD REQUESTS in the ow_base_user_reset_password TABLE. 

After finishing this task, for first reset of password IN YOUR MAIL BOX LINK it will say 

"Unfortunately you reset code is invalid or expired. Please follow the link and try to reset it again"

If you click the link in the above sentence you will receive 500 ERROR

Do not loose you patience. It is just the activity of Cron Job. when you try for SECOND reset it will start to work smoothly.

Then it will become OK as NORMAL and i testified even after 10 minutes once for an hour. It worked well. 

I tried to GOOGLE this error. But i have not received any PERFECT RESULT. 

So I hope this TIP may be useful to everyone. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure whether this step will workout for everyone ... But if you are in HEADACHE just try this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me its working great.  I tested with several users now.

Thanks. 

The Forum post is edited by Raja Rajan Apr 19 '13
Alia Team
Alia Apr 23 '13
Thanks for sharing Raja.