We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

user photos - PNG support | Forum

Chris
Chris Apr 30 '13
Are PNG format pictures supported by oxwall? I uploaded some PNG images to my site and they automatically appear with a black background.

Is there a way to set the background as white? Or not to set a background at all, hence the point of a PNG format image.

Not sure if this is a bug or just not supported by Oxwall.

Attachments:
  pngimg1.jpg (127.66Kb)
  pngimg2.jpg (177.79Kb)
  pngimg3.jpg (128.84Kb)
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Apr 30 '13
The images have a transparent background. You can change that with most image editors ... 
Chris
Chris Apr 30 '13
I know the images have a transparent background, thats the point of a PNG file. My issue is that if I upload a PNG my site automatically adds the black background. It should leave the clear background.

If I upload a PNG file as my profile picture, the background is kept clear. Why doesnt that happen with image uploads?
Chris
Chris Apr 30 '13
Sorry I stand corrected, black background is also applied to profile pictures. Despite the site saying supports "JPG / GIF / PNG"

Attachments:
  profileimgaspng.jpg (170.27Kb)
Alia Team
Alia May 1 '13
Сhris, all images are converted to .jpg format when they are saved on the server.  Jpg format doesn't support transparency and that is why you get black background.
Chris
Chris May 4 '13
is there a way the default the background to white not black?
Chris
Chris May 10 '13
any ideas? or even to keep the PNG images in PNG format? Makes my website look very strange with black BG
Alia Team
Alia May 14 '13
Chris, to change the background you will need to dig into the source code of the library called Wideimage. Oxwall uses it to for image manipulations.  It can be found here ow_libraries/wideimage .