We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Possible conflict with IM chat - File Uploads | Forum

matt
matt May 1 '13
Hi Puru,

I'm finding that the IM chat goes strange when (and only when) I access the file page...

so eg www.mysite.com/files/view/4

The IM chat loses is count and the user avatar etc (see attached pic)

It only seem on these pages.

I thought to mention it to you.

Cheers,

Matt
Attachments:
  IM_chat.png (16.12Kb)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks for notification. I will see if I can reproduce this issue.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
The issue is due to the javascript failure in ajax IM plugin.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'user_avatar_src' of undefined

ajaxim.js Line: 900
matt
matt Sep 1 '13
Thanks Puru,

Can we report this to teh devs, so that they fix it?

Cheers,

Matt
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yeah. Please let me know how it goes.
matt
matt Sep 24 '13
Seems likeFlag  · Delete · Mark as Featured · Disapprove  don't work either.

Edit seems to - is this the same problem?
The Forum post is edited by matt Sep 24 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Ok. IT seems that there is some javascript conflicts with some other script.
matt
matt Sep 24 '13
Specific to my site, or generally with oxwall?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
specific to your site.
matt
matt Nov 2 '13
Hi Purus,

After some testing. We found that that the problems sites with the call to...

jquery.metadata plugin for quick DOM object metadata extraction

By commenting out a line in /ow_plugins/ifiles/controllers/action.php   everything seems to work again...

Not saying this is not because of something in your plugin, but thats the temp fix we made for now..

Cheers,
Matt
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I will see on this line Sir.
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 21 '14
Quote from matt Seems likeFlag  · Delete · Mark as Featured · Disapprove  don't work either.

Edit seems to - is this the same problem?

I just recently purchased this plugin a few days ago and is much needed on my end.  Thank you for creating this plugin!

However, I am having the same issues as mentioned above.  The "Delete", "Approve", "Disapprove", "Mark as Featured", "Flag" and the "Rate" system are not working at all.  Only thing that does work is the "Edit" button.

Also, is there a way to show the number of how many "Downloads" per file has occurred?

The Forum post is edited by Hybrid Mar 21 '14
Purusothaman Ramanujam
1) May be reason with javascript comflict with other plugins. Can you send me your site url and login details to test via PM?

2) Tracking downloads is not possible for now.
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 22 '14
I'll send here after this post.

As of right now, the only 2 things don't work for some reason now is the "Delete" button and the "Rate" system.

And will the tracking the number of downloads be something for a future build of this plugin?

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Tracking the downloas need some change in the design and so it will take some time.
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 30 '14
When you get around to working on this plugin (as I have noticed you do plugin cycles), please consider adding the ability to view how many users downloaded a file (for each file).  I think this would complete this plugin!

Also, regarding the issues stated above in previous posts, the (IM) Instant Chat plugin (if activated) IS a reason why this plugin doesn't work (Delete, Mark as Featured, Rate, Flag, etc.)...Currently I have the (IM) plugin deactivated and that solved the issues of this plugin and now this plugin works as intended.  However, I do know that the (IM) chat plugin is a default plugin of oxwall - so is there anyway you could check the files for this plugin to see and/or make it compatible with the (IM) chat plugin?  If not, other users of this plugin may end up saying the exact same thing we are about this plugin since the (IM) plugin is free and came with oxwall.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
1) Sure.

2) I am  trying to see if I can get any workaround.
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 30 '14
Ok, thank you for letting me know!  Keep me posted and am looking forward to your progress ;)

Also, if I may add this here, if you update your plugins, will it show up on our site that your plugins have been updated?  Or do we have to manually re-download them and upload them to our site?  Reason why I am asking is because I have many of your plugins and noticed that you recently updated the "Members Country Flag" plugin.  I have this plugin but have not noticed it on my site to update it via admin panel.  Other plugins that I have do this and was wondering if yours does as well.

Kind Regards,

Hybrid

Purusothaman Ramanujam
If your site cron is working well, you will get notice in your plugin dashboard if there are any updates.
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic