We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Wicked evil spammers of iniquity! AWAY AWAY!!! | Forum

Steve Winter
Steve Winter May 4 '13
Yes well...  I have the anti spammer plugin thingie installed but I was still getting these spam accounts.  I got the brilliant idea to ban the IP ranges in cPanel and that was wonderful but before I even finished congratulating myself I was getting spam accounts from banned IP ranges.   That made me feel all sad and stuff.

THEN!  I realized that everything was coming in from Cloudflare so I looked and YESSSSS!!!!  Cloudflare has the option (in the Threat Control area) to BAN IP RANGES!!  I also have that nice IP plugin installed which lets me see where spams are coming from.  So no more spams from 117.26.0.0/16 for example.

Every happy ending has a story and that was it.

Regards,

Steve

MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 May 7 '13
Cloudflare has some great features, and the have a free package for everyone. Like any great program or plugin it's not perfect. But man it really helps.
ross Team
ross Jun 3 '13
We've added a new post on antispam solutions: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/11284 . Please, take your time to read it. 
dave Leader
dave Jun 3 '13
The real secret to getting rid of spammers once and for all is make it unprofitable to do so and you will see them all cease and desist very quickly.