We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

no captcha image if permission is changed to guests can view NO.. - Smart Captcha | Forum

dave Leader
dave May 8 '13

FF and IE are fine but there is not captcha image on chrome, i did check my chrome settings and it is set to show all images.

image attached...

Seems to be a permission issue.

The Forum post is edited by dave May 11 '13
Attachments:
  chromecaptcha.jpg (16.39Kb)
dave Leader
dave May 8 '13

Update on this, im not sure what the deal is... The normal captcha (default script captcha) shows fine either way no matter the permission.  So has to be something with the init file for the plugin. 

I dont see anything on debbug, or FF tools, and had dev on as well and refreshed it all, and still not showing...

it is currently deactivated, if you need me to activate it i can..

Any ideas ?

www.anorexiadating.com

Thanks... :)

UPDATE  i thought it might even be a template issue so i changed to the origin template to test and still nothing....

MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 May 8 '13
Try to reduce the size of the image in settings. That sometimes caused an error.
dave Leader
dave May 8 '13

ok ill try that,

nothing wrong with this type of quesitons right... the underscores ?

Round is to wheel, as S_ _ _ _e is to box

nope the block is 600 and i put it at 590 and still nothing...   my gut tells me that that extra " is bleeding thru somewhere else... but im not sure..

The Forum post is edited by dave May 8 '13
dave Leader
dave May 8 '13

im going to replace my lang tables data from a backup just to see if that does it.. .

dave Leader
dave May 9 '13

OK after replacing all the lang tables, then replacing the entire db from a backup, same issue.. So i totally unstalled the site, deleted everything, files, db tables, all of it and reinstalled from scratch. 

The only plugins i have are the ones that came with the install.  Tested that ran fine with the default captcha.  Then i installed your plugin, ran just fine, checked the page source and the double "" are still there on that line (they are not there without your plugin) but even with them there it does work (so that was not the issue but i still think they should be found and removed, has to be in your plugin someplace, it sure looks that way.

Then i installed my other theme that i use Macabre, tested it and it works just fine, still double quotes as before but it works just fine..

So it is working again, have to take the next day or so to get things fully back but its working finally.   Since it is not the quotes causing this, or the db lang, it has to be a conflict with another plugin... I will do one plugin at a time and see if i can see which one it is..

Just wanted to let you know its working...  If i find in my looking around where that extra quote might be comming from i will let you know if in fact it is your plugin..

Thanks so much... peace  

The Forum post is edited by dave May 9 '13
dave Leader
dave May 9 '13

I got the answer for you... i am attaching an image of the issue.   After all that replacing my files and db and everything and starting over it was so simple but it is an issue..

Seems in permissions if you select no for guests to view the site it will not show the captcha.

What should happen is that if you select that option NO then the guest should be taken directly to the sign on or register screen, which is what happens, but when you get to the end of the registration the captcha is not showing so they cant finish the registration.

Seems like the captcha itself is being flagged by that option where the registration is not, so somewhere the captcha needs to be under the same permission as the registration.

I was going one step at a time and all of a sudden it did not work, and i was like, ok what did i just do... and when i found this i was like grrrrrrrrrr i replaced everything for nothing lmao...  its so sad i have to laugh...

Please let me know what you can do... thanks so much..

Image attached...

Attachments:
  captchaissue.jpg (67.66Kb)
Kairat Bakitow
Kairat Bakitow May 9 '13
I'm not detected any problem that are you reported. I just visited your site and plugin works correctly in each browser. You need to add more questions. Some questions repeated.
The Forum post is edited by Kairat Bakitow May 9 '13
dave Leader
dave May 10 '13

It only works because i changed that permission to yes.   Now i just changed it to guests cannot view in permissions section now look at it, captcha does not show..  www.anorexiadating.com

So as it is now nobody can register because since the captcha does not show then then cant complete the registration. 

yes i was thinking about more overnight.. i have added some good ones, and this one i like but we will see if it will work effectively.. i own this other domain that im not sure what to do with yet so this is my captcha  question

Color of ribbon on this page <a href="http://www.stopspambots.org/specialimage.html" target="blank">Image</a>   

same with this shows whole code  Color of ribbon on this page <a href="{$url}">sp-image</a> 

but its showing the whole link not just the clickable text ... so ill have to work on that idea a bit more

try it yourself, im going back and forth to yes and no so i can test this, but try it on yours, set the permisson for guest to no and then try to bring up the question  captcha, thats the issue.  Whats really strange is that the default captcha shows with it set to no... wierd..

The Forum post is edited by dave May 10 '13
Kairat Bakitow
Kairat Bakitow May 10 '13
I just registered on your site. This is my profile. Captcha work fine. Maybe your browser not show picture. 
dave Leader
dave May 10 '13

well i didnt hear from you for awhile so let me change it to no, it is on yes now...

one sec i will change it to view no and you can look... and i will leave it as no till i hear from you

dave Leader
dave May 10 '13
ok i changed permission, look now..
The Forum post is edited by dave May 10 '13
dave Leader
dave May 10 '13

did you see it?  I cant leave it that way all day, im just curious if you see what im talking about :)

Looks like  was right.   in the core applicaton.php file  if i comment out this part as i have here, the captcha shows fine.   so this section of code is the issue, because if i make this live again, the captcha goes away.

/*

//members only
        if ( (int) $baseConfigs['guests_can_view'] === BOL_UserService::PERMISSIONS_GUESTS_CANT_VIEW
            && !OW::getUser()->isAuthenticated() )
        {
            $attributes = array(
                OW_RequestHandler::CATCH_ALL_REQUEST_KEY_CTRL => 'BASE_CTRL_User',
                OW_RequestHandler::CATCH_ALL_REQUEST_KEY_ACTION => 'standardSignIn'
            );

OW::getRequestHandler()->setCatchAllRequestsAttributes('base.members_only', $attributes);
            $this->addCatchAllRequestsException('base.members_only_exceptions', 'base.members_only');
        }

*/

so it seems that your init file is not passing the right value to the above code..

i also noticed that in the core plugin init it has these lines and your init does not... but i think they have to be recoded just for your plugin.. the exception i think is the key

this one i redoded to match yours but makes no difference in the output

OW::getRouter()->addRoute( new OW_Route('static_sign_in', 'sign-in', 'BASE_CTRL_User', 'standardSignIn'));

this is the exception and what i think we need in your init file to make this work. We surely dont need all of these exceptions but several i think we do.

/* added

function base_add_members_only_exception( BASE_CLASS_EventCollector $event )
{
    $event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Join', 'action' => 'index'));
    $event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Join', 'action' => 'joinFormSubmit'));
    $event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Captcha', 'action' => 'index'));
    $event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Captcha', 'action' => 'ajaxResponder'));
    $event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_User', 'action' => 'ajaxSignIn'));
    $event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_ApiServer', 'action' => 'request'));
    $event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Unsubscribe', 'action' => 'index'));
}
OW::getEventManager()->bind('base.members_only_exceptions', 'base_add_members_only_exception');

end add

*/

dave Leader
dave May 10 '13

I am deactivating the plugin until we can figure this out,  i really feel there is something we need to add the your init file, becuase the standard captcha works both ways.  So it has to be something like the exception routine that we need to add. 

If you can help please do... if i find anything or if i find a fix it i will let you know..

dave Leader
dave May 11 '13

i thought i had but nope, so i removed the text

Kostas
Kostas May 12 '13
I also have some trouble with this plugin. No captcha image, on registration form.

When I'm logged in it works fine.
The problem seems to be that on global permissions I choose Guests cannot view the site.I think I can override this if I modify .htaccess but I don't know how.
Any ideas? 

dave Leader
dave May 12 '13

Hey bud, yeah i gave up on trying to fix it, i really do think it has something to do with the data that is passed from the plugin init file because the default captcha works regardless of the permission.  And if i comment out that one part of the application php where it checks for is authorized then the new quest captcha shows as well. 

So here is what i did.   I activated the splashscreen, then i set the permission to yes on can view.  And then i went into every menu item on the pages and menu's and every  one other than join and donate i took the check mark off of the guest option.

Now at least guests only see the registration form, signin block, and the two menu items

its a workaround as i think youll have to because this plugin guy does not seem to really want to fix this, he dont see very enthusiastic ya know...

good luck...

The Forum post is edited by dave May 12 '13
Kostas
Kostas May 20 '13
I have no experience on oxwall but since noone else is dealing with this issue, I came up with a solution. Hopefully this wouldn't cause any security issues.

Just add the following code in init.php

function smartcaptcha_add_access_exception( BASE_CLASS_EventCollector $e ) { 

$e->add(array('controller' => 'SMARTCAPTCHA_CTRL_SmartCaptcha', 'action' => 'index')); 

OW::getEventManager()->bind('base.members_only_exceptions', 'smartcaptcha_add_access_exception'); 

OW::getEventManager()->bind('base.password_protected_exceptions', 'smartcaptcha_add_access_exception'); 

OW::getEventManager()->bind('base.splash_screen_exceptions', 'smartcaptcha_add_access_exception');

The Forum post is edited by Kostas May 20 '13
atomjani
atomjani Jul 3 '13
Ok. What am I doing now? The guesst no see the site content.
Can I replace the code?
dave Leader
dave Oct 15 '13

Thanks Kostas...

it does work however i did some testing and it will still work without the protected password exception. 

So i removed this line for me.

OW::getEventManager()->bind('base.password_protected_exceptions', 'smartcaptcha_add_access_exception');

Was there a specific reason you had that in there that i dont know about.

Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic