We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Splash Screen | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Donamix
Donamix May 21 '13
Hello,

Why does the splash Screen comes with a lot of Space on the top?

Is there anyway to remove these spaces on top?

The Forum post is edited by Donamix May 21 '13
dave Leader
dave May 21 '13

Yes there is..

go to ow_system_plugins -> base -> views -> controllers

open the file named   base_document_splash_screen

at the top you will see

{style}
{literal}
.splash_screen_cont{
    width:500px;
    margin:0 auto;
    padding-top: 300px;
}
{/literal}
{/style}

just change this part

padding-top: 20px   

done

Donamix
Donamix May 22 '13
I did that friend, didn't help.

I just noticed you have it fixed on you're site.

and you don't have the Leave button, how can i hide the leave button too?

Thanks,

dave Leader
dave May 22 '13

any time you make a css or image change you have to clear your cache, you do this by either running the extreme cache plugin http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/579  its free, OR go to your config php file and change dev mode in the else section to true then hit f5 on your site. 

Then you will see the change i suggested above.  

As far as the leave button, all you do is go to your Admin panel, pages and menus, splashscreen and remove any text from the leave box, leave it blank and it will not show.

Donamix
Donamix May 22 '13
Thank you, working now.

<body bgcolor="#808000">

This code is not working in the splash page, any ideas why?

i'd like to set a background for the splash page

dave Leader
dave May 22 '13

its because the splash screen uses ow_page and ow_canvas css the same as the normal page style... let me play with this ill get right back to you :)

The Forum post is edited by dave May 22 '13
dave Leader
dave May 22 '13

well my best guess so far is that to make the splash screen a dif background than your default designated page background in admin panel, your prob going to have to designate a new page. 

Every theme has dndindex and general pages, i think (maybe someone can confirm this for me as well) is that you will have to create a new page title for that with its own css.. 

im feeling it would require some mod work for sure.

i did play around with the css but it also affected my site pages as well...

The Forum post is edited by dave May 22 '13
Donamix
Donamix May 22 '13
Mhmm ok, thanks for the info, i don't wan't to go into this lol i'll keep it white.

I see you have a background on your Splash screen.

dave Leader
dave May 22 '13

yes but i use macabre theme which has a dark background thats why.    You can change the background for your pages in admin edit theme, background image  but it will affect all your pages which was my point.

If you want all your pages to have a dif background then just create a small image with the color that you want and choose that as your background in admin. 

dave Leader
dave May 22 '13

just create a jpg image thats 175x50 and make it the color you want then choose that as your background..

hope that helps :)

Donamix
Donamix May 22 '13
My theme doesn't have background option in edit theme, only Page Background Color.
dave Leader
dave May 22 '13
which theme are you using?
Donamix
Donamix May 22 '13
Revolution.
dave Leader
dave May 22 '13
ok i downloaded it i will look into it in a few hours, i need some sleep  :)
Alia Team
Alia May 22 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
dave Leader
dave May 22 '13
Again you are dealing with the same issue, its all or nothing without special mod coding.
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 21 '23
If you were reversing and saw that annoying crack on the rear glass, get our experts to work on it immediately. Walnut Creek Pest Control
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
These are a bit more complicated, but our team is more than qualified to work on them. Warwick Onsite Truck Repair
[ ABDUL QADIR ]+[ SONIJA ]

After study a handful of the blog posts in your site now, we truly appreciate your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will also be checking back soon. Pls take a look at my site also and tell me how you feel.

shillong teer result

[ ABDUL QADIR ]+[ SONIJA ]

Great website. Plenty of helpful information here. I am sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks in your effort!

Cash for Cars Brisbane

Pages: 1 2 »