We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Remove main menu | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh May 25 '13
Howdy!

I was just curious to know how can I remove the main menu from the landing page. Like when we visit our website (www.domain.com), the page we land on, have the .ow_main_menu in it. Can we remove it from that page only but it should be on all the other pages of my website. Otherwise the users would get confused.

Thanks.

dave Leader
dave May 25 '13
I pulled up your site from your profile, and all i see is the bottom footer menu, not the main menu.   More info please.
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh May 25 '13
When you visit my website, you would see the main menu in the left hand side as I'm using the "Revolution" theme. I wanted to hide that in the sign-up page.
dave Leader
dave May 25 '13

Ok i cant load this theme because it is only good for version 1.51  but looking at it you might try a few things.  

IF you are lucky you might be able to comment out {$main_menu}  in the theme dndindex.html  and hopefully it will just affect the index page only.

if not you will have to try to mod the theme css ul.ow_main.menu  to show display:none  but all pages use that so you will probably have to add a new css for display:none and add that css name to the ddindex.html and wrap {$main_menu} with it. 

Alia Team
Alia May 27 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн May 27 '13

Quote from Nirmalya Ghosh Remove main menu

Create/Drag n Drop a HTML widget at the Main and insert Css as follows:

<style type="text/css">

.ow_page {
margin-left: auto !important;
margin-right: auto !important;}

.ow_main_menu {
display: none !important;}

</style>

Separately from this I'd like to add some constructive criticism if that's OK.. 
Your Logo should be on a black.jpg or transparent.png background to match up with the:

.ow_console.clearfix {

backgroundnone repeat scroll 0 0 #000000;

}

This would go at www.goplugged.com/admin/theme/css
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн May 27 '13