We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Restricting the Main page view from guests | Forum

dave Leader
dave May 28 '13

I just learned this so i thought i would share.  Did you all know that if you type in www.yourdomain.com/index   your main page will show, even to guests.   Even with the guest option unchecked in admin>pages>main, it still shows.

For me i did not want that, i want them to sign up before they see anything other than links and join or contribute to the site.

So to solve this you go to your main page as admin and choose customize this page. 

Then for each widget if you click on the little gear icon (which is settings) there is an option on the very bottom to "restrict view"  and it has selections for guest, member, admin..

So i took all the check marks for guest off of all widgets i did not want guest to view. 

Works very well.    Just thought i would share.

The Forum post is edited by dave May 28 '13
Mitchell Thornton
Mitchell Thornton May 11 '23
Excellent read, Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Bed Bug Treatment Orlando
Mitchell Thornton
Mitchell Thornton May 11 '23
Listed here you'll learn it is important, them offers the link in an helpful webpage: Exterminator Pest Control