We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suggestions - User Hint | Forum

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jun 14 '13
Feel free to post suggestions here.
Andrew Crew
Andrew Crew Jun 17 '13
What about support for user credits? Send credits to user button, for example
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jun 18 '13
Quote from FoxTechs Can you plan to add the basic popup system for private messaging instead of requiring the compose message plugin?

-Jake

Unfortunately, it is not possible by now. The basic Mailbox plugin does not provide required programming interface. And, I think, it will not be implemented in the nearest future. Without these interfaces I can not instantiate this popup from my plugin. That is why Compose message is required for messages sending from User Hint. 
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jun 18 '13
Quote from Andrew Crew What about support for user credits? Send credits to user button, for example

I will gradually add new features to the plugin. Grant Credits button will be added in the upcoming update.
Andrew Crew
Andrew Crew Jun 18 '13
Great, thank you!
Евгений
Евгений Jun 20 '13
Было бы неплохо, если бы под скринами друзей в подсказке (их 6ть вмещается) появлялась ссылка Обзор, если кол-во друзей у пользователя больше 6ти.
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jun 20 '13
Это уже запланированно на следующее обновление плагина. Будет добавленна кнопка, нажав на которую можно будет просмотреть расширенный список друзей.
Евгений
Евгений Jun 20 '13
Супер.
bobbi
bobbi Jun 23 '13
a small suggestion, instead of remove from friends could it say friends with a tick like facebook :)

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jun 23 '13
bobbi,

OK, I will try to do it in the upcoming update.

Abbey
Abbey Jun 26 '13
Just like to say I like the remove from friends option on plugin, makes removing friends less cumbersome.

I have the "poker" plugin and it would be great if the poke button could be added to this.
Would make it 110% perfect imo
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jun 26 '13
Quote from Abbey Jayne I have the "poker" plugin and it would be great if the poke button could be added to this. Would make it 110% perfect imo

You should contact the plugin developer and ask him to implement this feature to Use Hint. I think, It will be easy for the developer to do it.
Abbey
Abbey Jun 27 '13
cool thanks for the reply
Ayo Tunde
Ayo Tunde Jun 30 '13

Quote from bobbi a small suggestion, instead of remove from friends could it say friends with a tick like facebook :)

In my own case, I just went to the language and change the "Remove from friends" to "Unfriend", this shorten and manage space.

Hope this tip solve satisfy what you want
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 6 '13
I have the top rated plugin . I know that you did not develop this but I was wondering if you would add support to show how many rates the user has. The top users plugin used to show it when you hovered but now it doesn't for obvious reasons. 

Also this seems to show a preview for my menu items as well which is odd. Anyone else have that issue?

Sven Mitscherlich
Sven Mitscherlich Jul 10 '13
Really great plugin :o) ... could you please tell me how to change the opacity of the popup? In my case the background is too light and I want it more opaque.

Thanks for a great plugin

Sven
Abbey
Abbey Jul 12 '13

Quote from Sergey Kambalin
Quote from Abbey Jayne I have the "poker" plugin and it would be great if the poke button could be added to this. Would make it 110% perfect imo

You should contact the plugin developer and ask him to implement this feature to Use Hint. I think, It will be easy for the developer to do it.

I asked... n he sent me back to you
dave Leader
dave Jul 16 '13

I wish you would not use the base 64 on the css images, i really dont like anything embeded in my site if i have no clue what it is, i will decode this if possible and put it as normal if i can.  Im not sure why exactly you did this but i wish you would just put the image url as normal..

Thanks.

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 16 '13
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jul 16 '13

Hello dave,

Using embedded images in CSS code is a common practice like CDN, sprites, caching, gzipping, etc... This method reduces request count to server and it also eliminates the large number of small image files of the plugin. If you want to know more about this method - just google "Embeded images in CSS"

dave Leader
dave Jul 16 '13

Yes i did that last night and i do understand it is a small border image.  I do now understand your technique and why you did so, thanks for explaining.  What made me wonder is that i have been doing this for many years and have seen many scripts but have not run into this before.  I do understand that now days it is common practice so please forgive my asking as this is the first i have seen this. I have chosen to disable those backgrounds in my version with no negative affects because i feel more confortable doing so. 

Thanks for explaining.  :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 16 '13
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic