We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

remove sidebar from groups | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Jun 23 '13
I have a side bar chat using cbox but it interferes with some of my group pages and I removed the sidebar with css using 2 different methods but users are still getting issues so how would I go about removing the sidebar from just group pages?
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Jun 24 '13
Remove the sidebar from groups file in the controllers folder. Or, insert a custom html code box in the groups page, where set the visibility of the sidebar to hidden!

Joseph
Joseph Jun 25 '13
I have the set visibility already set and I dont see sidebar in the controllers for groups and I checked the base folder just to be sure
Daisy Team
Daisy Jun 27 '13
Joseph, you can remove the sidebar for Groups plugin by two ways:

First via Custom HTML widget. Please take a look at the related thread: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/11206

Second: Create a custom master page for your theme, call it, let's say, group, copy the content of default master page and remove the sidebar mention. Then add the following strings to the **view** function in the group plugin controller file (/ow_plugins/groups/controllers/groups.php):

$masterPageFileDir = OW::getThemeManager()->getMasterPageTemplate('group');
OW::getDocument()->getMasterPage()->setTemplate($masterPageFileDir);
Joseph
Joseph Jun 27 '13
thanks daisy that is awesome 
Joseph
Joseph Jun 27 '13
awesome got it working thanks guys I used method 2 because method one I have already tried
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Jun 27 '13
Joseph
Joseph Jun 27 '13
would you happen to know how I would make this same change to profile pages?
Daisy Team
Daisy Jul 3 '13
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to hide the sidebar on the Profile view page via code modification because of the widget panel. The only way we can suggest is described here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/11206