We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Fix for youtube embed videos | Forum

Alia Team
Alia Jul 9 '13
Youtube has recently changed the way they embed their videos.

1. FIX FOR VIDEOS ADDED VIA MEDIA PANEL

Media panel is the panel with various tools within the form where you can add a text (ex. forum topic or blog post, newsfeed).

a. download the .txt file attached to this reply.
b. rename it to jevix.class.php on your computer.
c. ppen your control panel>>go to ow_libraries/jevix and replace jevix.class.php with the file you have downloaded and renamed.

Don't forget to rename the file from .txt to .php ( step "b")

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. FIX FOR VIDEOS ADDED VIA VIDEO PLUGIN.

UPDATE FROM AUG.15 2013: Video plugin was updated. You should have got update notice in your admin panel. Just update the plugin and you will not have to add changes listed bellow into code.

UPDATE FROM OCT 4th 2013: Video plugin was updated. New update includes fix for thumbnails of videos in newsfeed.

a. Open your control panel>>go to ow_plugins/video/classes/video_providers.php
b. find line #72.
    Replace (what you currently have): self::PROVIDER_YOUTUBE => 'http://www.youtube(-nocookie)?.com/',
    By ( fixed code)  :   self::PROVIDER_YOUTUBE => '//www.youtube(-nocookie)?.com/',
c. same file, find line #116
   Replace:const clipUidPattern = 'http:\/\/www.youtube(-nocookie)?.com\/(v|embed)\/([^?&"]+)[?&"]';
   By :       const clipUidPattern = '\/\/www\.youtube(-nocookie)?\.com\/(v|embed)\/([^?&"]+)[?&"]';

d. save changes.

Done.

Alia Team
Alia Jul 15 '13
Guys,  the fix from the topic applies ONLY to videos added via media panel. Fix for videos added via "VIDEO" plugin is still being developed. I will keep you posted on this as well.

Regarding videos in Chrome. We are aware of this issue,  but currently we can't fix this due to Chrome's settings.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 18 '13
Jamie, thanks for pointing out at this, developers are checking why this could have happened.

Angel, with the given fix even if you add the video with http ( using right click), thumbnail will still appear.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 23 '13
Dave, tried on my installation. Replies are working.
Can you give the embed you used?
Alia Team
Alia Jul 29 '13
Dave, wasn't able to reproduce.

Took a video of my actions. I tried to reply to existing topic both with and without video.

Alia Team
Alia Aug 2 '13
Guys, I have corrected the fix.
Turned out that editor used by me was cutting out some symbols. Here is the correct code ( latest fix in bold):

2. FIX FOR VIDEOS ADDED VIA VIDEO PLUGIN.

a. Open your control panel>>go to ow_plugins/video/classes/video_providers.php
b. find line #72.
    Replace (what you currently have): self::PROVIDER_YOUTUBE => 'http://www.youtube(-nocookie)?.com/',
    By ( fixed code)  :   self::PROVIDER_YOUTUBE => '//www.youtube(-nocookie)?.com/',
c. same file, find line #116
   Replace:const clipUidPattern = 'http:\/\/www.youtube(-nocookie)?.com\/(v|embed)\/([^?&"]+)[?&"]';
  By :       const clipUidPattern = '\/\/www\.youtube(-nocookie)?\.com\/(v|embed)\/([^?&"]+)[?&"]';

d. save changes.

Done.
Alia Team
Alia Aug 4 '13
You are welcome.
Alia Team
Alia Aug 5 '13
Bobbi, we will update the plugin. But a little bit later since this takes more time. Fix is for those who don't want to wait .
Alia Team
Alia Aug 12 '13
Guys, thanks for the report about thumbnails within the newsfeed. We are already working on another fix.

Previous ones dealt with video thumbnails under "videos" page.
We missed the newsfeed part.
I apologize for the caused inconveniences.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 4 '13
Guys, thumbnail issue in newsfeed was fixed. Plugin was updated an hour ago.
You should get update notice soon.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 4 '13
Will be waiting for your feedback.
Olli
Olli Oct 2 '16
Hey Alia,

could you please re-attach the .txt file? I'm using the newest Oxwall (1.8.4) and posting Youtube's embed-codes does not work correctly in Forum: a) they become too narrow overlapping each other and b) you need to insert additional text if you only embed one video.

Thanks!

ross Team
ross Oct 3 '16
Olli, the fix has nothing to do with the issue. 

What you experience is considered as a bugs, we have passed it to our devs, it will be fixed asap. 

Olli
Olli Oct 3 '16
Hey ross,

yeah, thanks for your answer! I was just watching the title "

FIX FOR YOUTUBE EMBED VIDEOS | FORUM" before noticing the "forum" means this forum in the context.

Heh, combining text with some text from your clipboard (html) seems to be another challenge (please see this very post) ;).

Thanks,

Olli

Olli
Olli Oct 3 '16
Ah... the preview shows html-rich paste differently than the actual post... you can see what I mean by copy-pasting the title of this topic to your textarea before posting anything.
Quote from Olli Hey ross,

yeah, thanks for your answer! I was just watching the title "

FIX FOR YOUTUBE EMBED VIDEOS | FORUM" before noticing the "forum" means this forum in the context.

Heh, combining text with some text from your clipboard (html) seems to be another challenge (please see this very post) ;).

Thanks,

Olli

steve
steve Dec 14 '16
i dont see the txt file
dave Leader
dave Dec 14 '16
looks like they may have removed it or forgot to include it
The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 14 '16
Kenny S
Kenny S Jun 1 '17
Does the fix work with out the named text file? I'm getting a 403 error anytime I post an embedded video.

Does anyone have a copy of the text file they could repost? Please?
Igor
Igor Jul 13 '17
Hi Alia,

Maybe your post is about my error 500?
It happens due to Youtube links
https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/55792

I don't see where is the file for download that you mention - please let me know where to download it.
Thanks.
Igor
Igor Jul 13 '17
Does anyone have this TXT file? Or where to get it?
It seems to be the error that I have.
Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 »