We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Anyone know if and when the newsfeed action gets truncated or trimmed | Forum

dave Leader
dave Aug 21 '13

Deleted members PM's are still in the db, both on their side and also on the other party side.  If someone is deleted from the system, my feeling is that it should delete both sides of the equasion, those who have PM's to or from them in history and all the users PM's as well.

i found this out because i got the PM view plugin and it puts the text "deleted user" in the view report if the user is not found.  

Aliia can you please also have this post confirmed either by you or another team member..  http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/12831   I have a xfer comming up tomorrow and i need make sure i got that correct... thanks

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 21 '13
matt
matt Aug 26 '13
This is interesting.....
Quote from Aliia Dave, not sure whether this  answers your question but system checks for expired newsfeed items once a week ( cron.php under /ow_plugins/newsfeed). 

$this->addJob('deleteExpired', 7 * 3600 * 24); // once a week

Newsfeed item is considered as "expired" if  it has been inactive ( no comments, no likes) for 3 months.

If you would like to I will check which database tables are involved in this process.
I would like to know which tables are involved. Also I might like to change the 3 months variable (or even set it to infinite) Where might I look for that?

Cheers,

Matt
Alia Team
Alia Aug 27 '13
Matt, I've listed tables in reply #22.

>>Also I might like to change the 3 months variable (or even set it to infinite) Where might I look for that?

ow_plugins/newsfeed/bol/service.php :

public function markExpiredForDelete()
    {
        $expirationPeriod = 3600 * 24 * 31 * 3; // Once in three month
        $expiredActionIds = $this->actionDao->findExpiredIdList($expirationPeriod);

$this->markForDelete($expiredActionIds);
    }

This is custom code modification and you are doing it at your own risk.
Keep track of what and where you are changing. All custom code modifications will be erased if you update the software.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 20 '19
Six years later, we have a plugin that solves it:https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1636
Quote from dave

Deleted members PM's are still in the db, both on their side and also on the other party side.  If someone is deleted from the system, my feeling is that it should delete both sides of the equasion, those who have PM's to or from them in history and all the users PM's as well.

i found this out because i got the PM view plugin and it puts the text "deleted user" in the view report if the user is not found.  

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 20 '19

Patricia Zorrilla Bcn Great work :)

6-8 years and no oxwall team member did want to touch this plugin or issue.....

soon i 95 years old and die before i success with this software :)
Will we bee bee in oxwall whole of fame and go to hospital for "addicted to oxwall" problems?

but i see Dave have been here longer then me ....haha :)))

dave what you get from this in so many years? something must make you stay here? it can not bee me because i fight with you all the time :)))

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 20 '19
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '19
Its not about what i get out of it, its about what i can do to help others to get what they need.  I didnt come here to be a huge success, i came here to help if i could and maybe make alittle change on the side. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 20 '19
okey i understand....no plans make money on oxwall just help

is there someone more then me who try earn money on this software?

I feel alone ? i see so many just here for hobby or help ...only me serious make money on this software?

anyways i will try open new topic about that sorry i was steal this topic

Quote from dave Its not about what i get out of it, its about what i can do to help others to get what they need.  I didnt come here to be a huge success, i came here to help if i could and maybe make alittle change on the side. 

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 20 '19
Pages: « 1 2