We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Images from blog into newsfeed item, currently the platform shows a blank space | Forum

Omari
Omari Aug 28 '13
Hi, can anyone direct me on how to make an image inserted in a blog post appear in the associated newsfeed item. If an image is inserted it shows up a as a large space and the text of the blog. HTML examination reveals that instead of the image it inserts a series of line breaks
The Forum post is edited by Omari Aug 28 '13
Attachments:
  Newsfede problem.jpg (239.86Kb)
Daisy Team
Daisy Sep 5 '13
Omari, could you please provide us with the changes you've already done, so we could check what has been done incorrectly and what should you do to solve the problem.
Omari
Omari Sep 8 '13
hi i solved this problem. it occurs when an inserted image has a width property of 100%. Instead of defining it in the theme base.css, i chose to define it in the html style element of the blogs plugin view index instead. I also used "max-width" instead of just "width."

Originally I was hoping that instead of just text, the blogs newsfeed item can contain a preview image item from the blog post itself. and so the blognewsfeed item will not just contain a text preview but an image and text.

matt
matt Sep 8 '13
Can you share the exact code change Omari?

Omari
Omari Sep 10 '13
hi im not sure exactly the kinda of change your looking for do u mean in the blog html itself or the change i amde to the theme i used? the problem was created i beleive when i tried to make all images responsive setting max-width: 100%. since this was a css style used throughtout the site it affected all images. However when i defined it locally and specific to the plugin i.e. in the blog html stylesheet it solved the problem rahter than setting max-width site wide. I'm not a programmer or anything i was jsut forced to learn a few things becuz i wanted to make my oxwall site responsive. www.limeradar.com
Omari
Omari Sep 11 '13
Update: checking my newsfeed today and unfortunately the problem was never solved
Daisy Team
Daisy Sep 19 '13
Omari, I got you now. The only thing I can suggest is checking the Group plugin to see how it adds the preview image into the newsfeed item and develop it for your Reviews plugin.
The Forum post is edited by Daisy Sep 19 '13
Omari
Omari Sep 20 '13
yup thanks for the suggestion. I resolved the blank space
Daisy Team
Daisy Oct 1 '13
You are welcome.