We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Work with different Events plugin? - Compose message | Forum

matt
matt Sep 15 '13
Hi Sergey,

Would it be possible for you to add the ability to work with Purus extended event plugin?

http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/705

That would be very useful,

Kind thanks, great work.

Matt

edit - Purus seems happy to make this work....

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/13378
The Forum post is edited by matt Sep 16 '13
matt
matt Oct 30 '13
Bump :)
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Oct 30 '13
Hello,

Purus copied a couple of files from the standard events plugin. These files were changed in one of the updates. 

So the only thing that Purus should do is to keep the copied files up-to-date. So he should merge the old versions of this files from his plugin with the new ones from the standard Events plugin. And he should check the files all times when new Events update is released.

I cant fix the issue on my side. Purus should do it.

Regards

Sergey

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I will see on this.
Eric Chen
Eric Chen Nov 6 '13
Any updates on this?
David A
David A Mar 26 '14
I am curious as well.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
From my side, I will update the plugin soon.
matt
matt Oct 21 '14
Bumping this up. I realise how busy you guys are. But users do not appreciate why they can send emails to groups, but not event attendees.

Oxwall sings and sails above the competition when great features in plugins work together seemlessly.

Thanks for your great work,

Matt
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Matt,

Please provide me details via private message so that I can update it this week.
matt
matt Nov 18 '14
Please, please, please, please can we get this working :) Drinks on me?

Matt

Graham
Graham Nov 22 '14
Yes, pleas can we get these two plugins to work together
Purusothaman Ramanujam
After a long look I think that I have nothing to do for the update.

Sergey should update his plugin has he only has idea about his plugin. No way that I am doing to know what I should do to make his plugin to work.
Quote from Sergey Kambalin Purus copied a couple of files from the standard events plugin. These files were changed in one of the updates.
I am not sure how this is related to implement his changes in the plugin. Unless I know what his plugin expects, I can't do that to my plugin.

matt
matt Nov 23 '14
Thanks for looking and replying Purus,

So how do we move forward from here? You guys both have great plugins, that we need and would like to work together?

What can be done?

Sergey - can you help?

Kindest,

Matt

matt
matt Nov 23 '14
So I am taking a look at the events_bridge.php.

Presumable this is where we need to make adjustments.

So if I adjust 

public function isActive()    {        return OW::getPluginManager()->isPluginActive("event");    }

and add the x to event - I can get the check box to appear in the admin of compose message.

Briefly looking over Purus code - he seems to have extended the events classes..

eg 

class EVENTX_BOL_EventDao extends OW_BaseDao

So we need to figure out what classes are extended or added by eventx and adjuist the bridge to match?

Matt

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Exactly.
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Nov 24 '14

Hello matt,

Extended Events plugin is similar to Oxwall Events, but it is different plugins with different plugin key and programming interfaces. That is why any plugins developed to work with Oxwall Events will not work properly with Extended Events plugin. And it can not be fixed. The special version of "Compose Message" have to be developed.
matt
matt Nov 24 '14
Hi Sergey,

Thanks for your time in looking at the problem

And as I mentioned on the other thread. What will Oxwall look like if popular and quality 3rd party plugins cannot/do not co-operate together?

As you are a Oxwall Core developer & Oxwall Foundation member might you not work on our behalf (your customers) to ensure that a platform standard is set in place so that third party developers can ensure that plugins will work together?

I mean what will oxwall look like, as a project? - you can have these great features, but not these or these......

So great, you say "The special version of "Compose Message" have to be developed."

How will that work, can we do anything to help make that happen?

Kind regards,

Matt

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Nov 24 '14

Matt,

As a core developer I would say that it would be better if Purus develop plugin that adds all these extended features to standard Oxwall Events plugin using its programming API. In this case there would not be such conflicts. And it is best practice for plugin developers.

But Extended Events plugin has developed using another approach - "Copy & Paste", then adds all the new features. In this case all new features added to standard Oxwall Event will not be added to Extended Events.

As a third party plugin developer - Unfortunately, I do not have enough time to develop different version of the plugin to work with Extended Events plugin. 

You can try to replace all entries of "events" string to "eventx" in Compose Message source and replace all "EVENT_" class prefixes. 

matt
matt Nov 24 '14
Sure,

But as a customer, I don't really care.  There are plugins with features available to buy. And I have paid for them. And they don't work together. Perhaps Puru's plugin, with great features should be rejected from the store? 

But like I said, I am the customer. And I tend to prefer that my service providers, provide me service. And with respect, not listen to the supplier complain about their difficulty. 

If I do that, in my work, I loose customers.

This is a sad situation, for the whole community.

But thanks for your advice, I will try to fix it myself. 

With kind regards, but frustrated feelings,

Matt

The Forum post is edited by matt Nov 24 '14
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic