We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Question about Cometchat | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Lee
Lee Sep 28 '13

I have some question about Cometchat, hope people that had use or using cometchat will be able to answer these questions for me.

If I integrate cometchat with my oxwall power site

1) Is there an option to make all online users can chat with each other that they are not friends?

(Like chat with other users that not your friends)

2) Do I need to uninstall oxwall IM chat to be able to use cometchat in my site?

3) Is there an option to show only online user’s friend so he/she can only see his/her friends in the chat like oxwall IM chat.

4) How to install cometchat to your oxwall power site?

5) optional thought about cometchat, is cometchat work good or bad, fast or slow? or any other chat that work better then cometchat that can integrate with oxwall site?

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Lee Sep 28 '13
Abbey
Abbey Sep 28 '13
I use cometchat and I really like it.
1. Yes there is this option, you also have a chatroom module to create chat rooms
2. It is recommended as they appear in the same space on your site
3. yes there is this option
4. Installation is easy, all you need to know will be given to you when you buy Cometchat and the team at cometchat will help with anything if you get stuck.
5. Cometchat is good yes, it will depend on your server though. I have not found another chat that offers what cometchat does for the price.
Lee
Lee Sep 29 '13
Thank you Abbey.
christian noone
christian noone Sep 29 '13
Be ready and read slow instructions because it isn't so easy has some may seem :P

Dead easy with socialengine and php fox but with oxwall i came across lots of issues, got fixed in the end after playing around.

Abbey
Abbey Sep 30 '13
I found it very easy, I did have a few minor issues after installation but they were fixed fast by the cometchat team.
Jozko
Jozko Feb 22 '15
I have another question:

I run a multilanguage (4languages) Oxwall site. Does CometChat recognize the Oxwall language or the users have to select it manual way?

Jozko
Jozko Feb 24 '15
thx Brian :-(
Jozko
Jozko Apr 18 '15
How to synchronize oxwall users online with cometchat users online?. There are for example 20 usres online, but in cometchat are only 7. 
Jozko
Jozko Apr 18 '15
Thx Briez,

The settings is like that :-(. 

Any other suggestion?

JoshWho
JoshWho Apr 19 '15
comet chat still works with oxwall?