We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

install | Forum

Jie
Jie Jun 16 '11
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, cpanel@main-hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request
i use free hosting , can i use oxwall ?
my website http://vastzone.tk
Den Team
Den Jun 17 '11
Hi
Ask you hosting or check by yourself your apache's error log files. there is must be an exact error message.
Fallen
Fallen Jun 17 '11
but i am a student , i using free hosting . so i can not use error log .
so i hope some body can help me .
Michael Leader
Michael Jun 18 '11
I have some spare time. I will create an account there and try an install...
Michael Leader
Michael Jun 18 '11
OK I downloaded the ox install and uploaded it to both the hourb host and my own.
I created a database and db user in each host.
Once all the files were uploaded I then tried to install oxwall on both hosts.
On my paid host 100% flawless.
On your free one, Hourb, like you said, 500 error.
Conclusion... Your host either does not contain some of the requirements for Oxwall or the hourB host has a misconfiguration of their webserver.
Den Team
Den Jun 20 '11
As usual, if you receive 500 internal error - you don't have Mod Rewrite installed on your host. Contact hoster or search for any manuals how to install/activate mod_rewrite on your account :)
Michael Leader
Michael Jun 24 '11
Jie, I have been in contact with the host and it seems they are either unwilling or unable at this moment to sort this out!
I have asked them to do an install and see the error. They are directing me to their paid hosting option for further development in the problem.

I love the idea of a free host but these guys dont seem to want to investigate this problem... yet... I will be keeping on at them. Any bad support I am sure will hurt them.

You should join their support forum as well and look for the "mod_rewrite" support call from madmonty (me) and join in the request for a fix. (In fact you really should as it may motivate them to fix it)
Michael Leader
Michael Jun 27 '11
From the developer

"Sorry we cannot afford install services on Free hosting. Our technical support doesnt have bandwidth. Please try alternative scripts. "

Does that make sense. It seems the "Free" host is unable to comprehend the simple explaination.
I have paid hosting, install works on there
It does not work on the free hosting. What is different!!!???

Their answer is to goto their paid hosting...

So My conclusion is...

hourB.com is NOT Oxwall friendly.
Den Team
Den Jun 28 '11
Well, really sorry about this. BTW does is expedient to use FREE hosting for your real community site? Nobody will not guarantee that your data will not be lost today or tomorrow. Does it really too expensive spent a five backs per month and get a little bit of guarantees? :)
Michael Leader
Michael Jun 30 '11
I was hoping we could direct people there to create test sites to check installs and have development instead of working with real sites.

You are completely right. Pay for the host! Then you have some protection!
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 1 '11
I am wondering if it is something to do with the fact it is in the format of:

mysitename.hourb.com

On my paid host if I had a subdomain I could get it either by

mysite.com/development
or if I set up a redir
development.mysite.com

I remember trying this a while back and did run into 500 errors on my paid host.
Is there anything I can stick into .htaccess that may correct this?
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 2 '11
I tried it and it doesn't solve the problem...
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 5 '11
There is another user and their site was reported to be working but now also showing 500 error.
I added the line
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/dev/
to .htaccess (I installed a test site in "dev" folder for testing)
and it won't start the install (500 error)
The user's site is also in 500 error.
It is looking like a host problem. I am making this assumption due to the fact the install will not initialte in a development folder (fresh install).

Here is the .htaccess in the root of the host
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} .*/http-bind
RewriteRule (.*) /http-bind [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/dev/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

Is this a MOD_Rewrite problem again? Would the DEv_Mode show anything even if we are in the initial stage of starting an install?
Den Team
Den Jul 6 '11
Quote from Michael
Would the DEv_Mode show anything even if we are in the initial stage of starting an install?

No, DEV_MODE show only PHP/Mysql errors. 500 internal error message - is an apache's error. The only way to get an actual error message of 500 is to search it in apache's error log files.
The Forum post is edited by Den Jul 6 '11
Den Team
Den Nov 21 '11
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 22 '23
We’ll get your truck towed to the nearest service station or dealership and have you back on the road in no time. Portsmouth Concrete Company
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
We are dedicated to providing top-quality repairs and maintenance for Diesel engines of all kinds. Oakland Concrete Solutions