We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

logo change | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Ikechukwu
Ikechukwu Oct 12 '13
I use the show case theme and I've been trying to change the logo I.e the sitename at the top left corner, to my custom logo and have found this difficult. Would really appreciate some help with this. Thanks. Would like if after the change it still remains a link to the home page. Thanks again.
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Oct 13 '13
You don' want to go by what I'm posting here because it really all depends on the width/Height of your logo, but for this example I will be using a 50 x 35 logo,, as follows,,,

.ow_logo_wrap a {
display: none}

.ow_logo_wrap {
background: url("/img/logo-selectica-sm.png") no-repeat scroll 0 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
padding: 20px 0 20px 10px}

Ikechukwu
Ikechukwu Oct 14 '13
sorry to bug you but on edit theme css, this is what i found:

.ow_logo_wrap {

width:1000px;

margin:0pxauto;

padding:12px0px0px10px;
}
.ow_logo_wrap a {

font-family:'open_sans_condensedbold',"Trebuchet MS","Helvetica CY",sans-serif;

font-size:16px;

text-transform:uppercase;

font-weight:bold;

color:#90c105;
}
.ow_logo_wrap a:hover {

text-decoration:none;
}

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Oct 14 '13
.ow_logo_wrap a will be blocked using display: none, that is if your looking to remove the text and replace with an image as you can see I have done in the example screen-shot..

As far as .ow_logo_wrap the codes I have provided with this include background in which you will be adding and padding in which you will be changing, these two items for .ow_logo_wrap are the only things you will need to worry of changing, and No,, you don't utilize this change at cPanel script, if you do then the next time you do an update you will loose all changes in theme, you will insert codes at Admin section:http://your-site.net/admin/theme/css just as I have provided here again

.ow_logo_wrap a {
display: none}

.ow_logo_wrap {
background: url("/img/logo-selectica-sm.png") no-repeat scroll 0 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
padding: 20px 0 20px 10px}

with the exception of the rest of the coding you posted, don't need all that as it's already in the actual theme's script at cPanel.
Ikechukwu
Ikechukwu Oct 14 '13
Thanks a lot! Figured it out!
Daisy Team
Daisy Oct 15 '13
Topic was moved from Custom Code Modifications.
Ikechukwu
Ikechukwu Oct 15 '13
i'm sorry about this, but i copied and pasted the code in "edit css" section of admin edit theme with "img/image name.png" being the complete path to the logo which i uploaded to graphics but everything remains the same. i even uploaded a jpg image to the header section of the site but apparently that looks invisible just a space the height of the image shows up. this is a little odd...
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Oct 15 '13
Logo url was only an example, you have to create your own logo, upload it then use the provided url in it's place.

Again: this needs to all be done at sites Admin section, not cPanel Themes.
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Oct 15 '13
Ikechukwu
Ikechukwu Oct 15 '13
Thanks alot. *slapping my forehead*
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Oct 16 '13

Quote from Ikechukwu Thanks alot. *slapping my forehead*

Any-time...
Ikechukwu
Ikechukwu Oct 17 '13
the file permissions were not set right... but i've gotten it now and it works perfectly. thanks.