We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to Take Out The 'Sign In & Sign Up' Tab On The "Join" Page | Forum

Wilson
Wilson Dec 3 '13

I’m trying to take out the ‘Sign In’ and ‘Sign Up’ tab at the top right hand side of my ‘Join’ page. I’m using “My Diary Version Compatibility - 1.5.1” theme, if a new user is trying to join and is filling out the “join” page, I don’t need the ‘Sign In’ and ‘Sign Up’ tab to be viewable on the page. Any help on this would be very appreciated.

ps, I attached a pic of what I would like taken out.

Wilson

The Forum post is edited by Wilson Dec 4 '13
Attachments:
  joinpage.jpg (77.56Kb)
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Dec 4 '13
this has been discussed before try searching through the forums
Wilson
Wilson Dec 4 '13
Hey Kieron,

Thanks for the help...I looked around and found this link http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/6573 about how to remove "login on main page" but my ow_system_plugins/base/view/components/console.html code looks different. So I posted a reply to Aliia over there on that topic.

My issue here is that I only want to remove it on the "Join" page. Does not make sense to have it there when a new user is signing up for the first time.

I've been looking at the ow_system_plugins/base/view/controllers/join_index.html file (if this is the right file) but I don't know what bit of code to take out?

Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Dec 4 '13
Daisy Team
Daisy Dec 12 '13
Wilson, you should make changes in the /ow_system_plugins/base/components/console.php file.

Find the onBeforeRender function and add the following code:

$params = OW::getRequestHandler()->getDispatchAttributes();

if( $params[OW_RequestHandler::CATCH_ALL_REQUEST_KEY_CTRL] == 'BASE_CTRL_Join' )
    {
     $this->setVisible(false);
     }
Wilson
Wilson Dec 13 '13
Nice Daisy, worked great! Thanks a lot, have a great holiday ╬

Wilson
Wilson
Wilson Dec 13 '13
hey Daisy,

What if I wanted to same thing on the "terms-of-use" and the privacy-policy pages.  I don’t need the ‘Sign In’ and ‘Sign Up’ tab to be viewable on those pages too.

Thanks,
Wilson
Daisy Team
Daisy Dec 16 '13
These pages are custom, so to remove the console from these pages you can simply add the following styles to the pages content:

<style>.ow_console{display:none!important;}</style>
Steve
Steve May 28 '14
How would one go about removing the entire header and footer, not just the Sign In and Sign Up?
The Forum post is edited by Steve May 28 '14
Alia Team
Alia Jun 3 '14
Steve, try doing this via CSS. Just set all header styles to "display: none;" in admin panel>>edit CSS. Header styles are grouped together, so you will find them easily if you search by "header" keyword:

/* ---- Header styles ---- */
.ow_header {

width:996px;

padding:0px0px0px0px;

margin:24pxauto 0px;
}
.ow_top {

position:relative;

height:auto;

min-height:105px;

padding-top:50px;
}
.ow_logo_wrap {

width:1000px;

margin:0pxauto;

padding:12px0px0px10px;
}
.ow_logo_wrap a {

font-family:'open_sans_condensedbold',"Trebuchet MS","Helvetica CY",sans-serif;

font-size:16px;

text-transform:uppercase;

font-weight:bold;

color:#90c105;
}
.ow_logo_wrap a:hover {

text-decoration:none;
}

.ow_header .ow_search{

float:right;

padding:5px;
}

.ow_header_pic {

height:325px;

background-image:url('images/header.jpg');/**OW_Control type:image,key:headerImage,section:1.General Settings,label:Page header image **/

background-repeat:no-repeat;
}
/* ---- End of the Header styles ---- */

Alia Team
Alia Jun 3 '14
Same applies to footer.