We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mobile Loading Error 1.6 | Forum

Brandon
Brandon Jan 8 '14
I upgraded to mobile and have a couple problems so far.. 

I kept getting this error while updating plugins. I was able to update them after multiple tries. I'm starting to think they were falsely updated. 

Notice: Use of undefined constant E_DEPRECATED - assumed 'E_DEPRECATED' in /home/MyServer/public_html/ow_core/error_manager.php on line 140

and mobile phones are not viewing too well... 

The Forum post is edited by Brandon Jan 8 '14
Alia Team
Alia Jan 8 '14
Brandon, this notice appear because of your PHP version ( most likely your PHP version is lower then 5.3).

1. Find out your version of PHP using steps 1,2,3 under "GD Library" section of this manual: http://docs.oxwall.org/faq:captcha-troubleshooting

2. If your version of PHP is lower then 5.3, check whether your hosting company can update it for you.

If your host can not update PHP version to 5.3, open error_manager.php mentioned in your error notice and comment out following line:

//case E_DEPRECATED:
Alia Team
Alia Jan 8 '14
Regarding mobile phones view ( without styles).

In your control panel >> ow_themes/origin/ :

1. in  theme.xml. what is the build of your theme?
2. do you have folder called "mobile" under/origin/ ?
ryan a
ryan a Jan 10 '14
I also get a similar problem to Brandon regarding mobile site mine looks exactly the same as his attachment but no errors. Why does it display like that?
Alia Team
Alia Jan 13 '14
Ryan, this happens because your theme is not updated yet.

1. Contact your theme's designer and ask for an updated theme.
2. If you are using one of our themes, upload updated pack from Store and install it.
3. If you are using third party theme and your theme designer is not planning to update his theme, then just download "Origin" theme from store>>copy "mobile" folder from this theme>> add copied folder into ow_themes/yourthemename on your server.