We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

New Oxwall version 1.6 error on my site. (mobile version) | Forum

arii
arii Jan 9 '14
any body can help me.?
i'm sorry...
my oxwall error like this

theme can't see....

at update there no problem, but when i setting mobile version menu to top menu and result error...

i dont understand about this...
please help me...

thanks.

Mukoviszidose
Mukoviszidose Jan 9 '14
update your theme
Alia Team
Alia Jan 9 '14

Arii,

Mukoviszidose is right. You need to update your theme.

We have added a new feature into 1.6 that allows admins to update their themes from admin panel, just like you do with plugins.

All our themes now have a new line in theme.xml file:

<developerKey>e547ebsdgsgsgs799343</developerKey>

This new line allows system to check for new theme updates and if update is available to show update notice in admin panel:

IF YOU DON'T SEE SUCH NOTICE:

1. Your theme was not adjusted to work with 1.6 mobile version.

2. Your theme doesn't have the new line that contains developer key, and therefore system can't show you updates.

WHAT TO DO:

If you are using one of our themes ( themes developed by Oxwall Software)

1. In admin panel>>appearance make any other theme active.

2. Delete the theme you wish to upgrade using FTP or control panel.

3. Download updated theme from Store

4. Install new theme.

You need to do this only once. Once developerKey is added to theme.xml, you will be able to update theme from admin panel and there will be no need to do anything manually in future.

If you are using a third party theme ( any other theme that was not developed by Oxwall Software), contact theme developer and check whether his/her theme was updated to work with 1.6 mobile version. If update is available, follow steps I have listed above.

If update is not available and you are not sure whether it will be available at ALL:

1. Download "Origin" theme from Store. Within this theme, copy folder called "Mobile".

2. Go to your control panel>>/themes/nameofyourtheme/ and paste copied folder.

Check your mobile version. Everything should look ok.