We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photos no longer staying in preview box after update [Solved] | Forum

Jeff
Jeff Jan 14 '14
I updated the Photo plugin and now the photos is my Newsfeed aren't staying in the "preview box" and are behind the comments and content.

Is this a known issue/fix and/or is there a way to undo the most recent update?

The Forum post is edited by Alia Jan 21 '14
Alia Team
Alia Jan 15 '14
Jeff, have you updated your theme?
Jeff
Jeff Jan 15 '14
Yes, I updated my theme after I moved to 1.6. Everything worked perfect until yesterday when I had another plugin update for Photo.
Jeff
Jeff Jan 15 '14
My Admin panel does still show Platform update available. When I click it it asks if I want to update from 1.6 to 1.6. Is this a patch that came out or it it a bug that the Platform update available still shows?
Jeff
Jeff Jan 15 '14
I ran the Platform update again because it was still there. It ran successfully and said it was up to date but the Platform update available still shows and I am still seeing the same issue with Photo. Is there somehow I can downgrade my Photo plugin?

At this point I really wish I had stuck with 1.5 .. 1.6 should have been released as a beta at this point.

Alia Team
Alia Jan 16 '14
Jeff,

Can you give a link to you site?

>>Is there somehow I can downgrade my Photo plugin?

There isn't any easy ways to downgrade at this point.
Let's try and fix your issues instead.

>> Is this a patch that came out or it it a bug that the Platform update available still shows?

It is a bug.
Can you provide admin panel and FTP access details so that we can check why this is happening ( in PM)
Jeff
Jeff Jan 16 '14
PM sent!
David Brockwell
David Brockwell Jan 16 '14
Having same problem here with my site.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 17 '14
Regarding photos in newsfeed.

This particular photo of yours is just too big.

Styles used for the preview:

.ai-attachment.ow_newsfeed_large_image .ow_newsfeed_item_picture {

max-height: 200px;    max-width285px;    width100%;

Height of your image is more then 200px, that is why you were getting such issues.
Go to admin panel>>appearance>>edit theme>>"CSS" tab.
Add following CSS in the bottom form and save changes:

.ai-attachment.ow_newsfeed_large_image .ow_newsfeed_item_picture {    max-height: 400px;
}

Alia Team
Alia Jan 17 '14
Regarding update notice not disappearing.

1. Click on "Update" one more time and go through the update process like you usually do.
2. Once update is finished open your database>>ow_base_log table.
What do you see there? Any errors?

We suspect that update in your case was not completed.
If you will not see anything within ow_base_log table and notice in admin panel will not disappear, let me know.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 17 '14
David Brockwell,

I have provided troubleshooting steps/solution to both issues reported by Jeff. Can you follow them as well and let me know the results.
Jeff
Jeff Jan 17 '14
Quote from Aliia Regarding photos in newsfeed.

Height of your image is more then 200px, that is why you were getting such issues.

.ai-attachment.ow_newsfeed_large_image .ow_newsfeed_item_picture {    max-height: 400px;
}

That fixed my issue. I wonder why the site stopped resizing images to fit? I will work on the second part.
Jeff
Jeff Jan 17 '14
Quote from Jeff
Quote from Aliia Regarding photos in newsfeed.

}

That fixed my issue. I wonder why the site stopped resizing images to fit? I will work on the second part.

It works until I hit View More. Then it reverts back. Going to the main page again and it looks fine. But once I hit View More it messes up the photos again.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 17 '14
Jeff, can you try and switch to one of themes? ex. origin? Just to make sure that it is not a theme issue.
David Brockwell
David Brockwell Jan 17 '14
Thanks for your help Aliia, the fixed worked but like Jeff said once clicking view more on the news feed it reverts back but when i refresh page its ok again. It seems to have a problem if you click view more it seems to knock it out of alignment. 
David Brockwell
David Brockwell Jan 17 '14
I have tried using the Origin theme but still the same issue.
Jeff
Jeff Jan 17 '14
Quote from David Brockwell I have tried using the Origin theme but still the same issue.

I also tried Origin and same thing. That View More seems to create the issue again.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 20 '14
Guys, I have tried using Jeff's image on my own installation and Oxwall resized the image correctly.

Closer look in firebug shows that after clicking on "view more" Jeff's site is taking styles from ow_static/plugins/attachments/...  and is ignoring styles where 400px was set ( on screen shot bellow you can see that those styles are crossed over).

I also didn't pay attention to this earlier, but " .ai-attachment." is not default styles used in oxwall. I think that both of your guys are using a third party plugin called "Attachments". If this is the case, it is better to contact developer of this plugin OR edit styles yourself within plugin's  .css style. The path to the file is given on screen shot.
David Brockwell
David Brockwell Jan 20 '14
Thank you Aliia that pinpointed the problem, i disabled the attachment plugin and all is fine now. Will contact the developer to see if they can fix this issue. Many thanks.
Jeff
Jeff Jan 21 '14
Sorry I wasn't around this weekend. Thank you for the help Aliia! I really appreciate the support.
Pages: 1 2 »