We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problems loading image and updated plugins | Forum

Jose
Jose Jan 20 '14
I can not insert picture on the wall. I can not upload photos to albums. And above all I can not then updated the plugins automatically. Someone can help me? I have version 1.6.0. I am Spanish and my English is not very good, sorry
Alia Team
Alia Jan 21 '14
Jose,

You need to update your pllugins. Most likely all other issues you are having are caused by this.

1. Do you get plugin update noticed in your admin panel?
2. If you get them, then what do you mean by "I can not then updated the plugins automatically". Are you getting any errors?

Jose
Jose Jan 21 '14
Thanks Aliia, my problem is already solved, but now I can not insert animated gifs on the wall. That way I can fix it ?
Alia Team
Alia Jan 21 '14
Jose, unfortunately currently you can not add .gifs in Oxwall.

Currently Oxwall resizes all images and coverts them to Jpeg so that they fit into the design of the site. Animated .gif  consists of several frames, and it is impossible to resize each frame.
Jose
Jose Jan 22 '14
but 5 days ago, with the previous version, if they could insert. Not true?. I have inserted many times
Jose
Jose Jan 22 '14
Actually on my website there are still running animated gifs ....it's funny, right?
ross Team
ross Jan 28 '14
Any plugin which uses GD library or any other library for resizing images do not allow to use gif animations. Where did you insert those gif animations?
Jose
Jose Jan 28 '14
in my website, in the previous version, if they could insert gif animations. And now if I go to the wall, to a date before the update, I can see perfectly animated gifs. If I upgrade an old post that contains an animated gifs, this entry appears in first position and I see perfectly
ross Team
ross Jan 28 '14
Can you please share your url?
Jose
Jose Jan 29 '14
It is a private site for adults. A password is required. I can not post it here. I sent a private message with the information necessary
ross Team
ross Jan 29 '14
Jose, you forgot to indicate your URL. 
dave Leader
dave Feb 7 '14
I tend to agree with Jose on this unless i am misunderstanding, you used to be able to do gifs, and if you now include them in some process maybe we need to exclude gifs from that process. 

Here is a little test file that i did to resize a gif, and it works, so what did we do with oxwall which will not allow this anymore ? 

http://www.icodemods.com/teststuff/testgif.html

on december 30th before i updated to 1.6 i added a gif to the dashboard newsfeed and it is still working today as i just looked at it. 

here is the last part of the url for that  ow_userfiles/plugins/base/attachments/attach_25.gif  

but now when i do attachment of gif to newsfeed there is no movement.  

What did we change team? :)

Also if you want to resize a gif image using the GD library, here is how..

http://www.blog.oskoui-oskoui.com/?p=404

So maybe someone on the team can deveolope a oxwall core class off of this page example. 

Personally i could give a rats butt about mobile, but i want my gifs...... lol... 

Gifs are and have been as much to do with social sites and being social as font and color choices IMO, they need to be kept active.

The Forum post is edited by dave Feb 7 '14
dave Leader
dave Feb 7 '14
Anyone that wants gifs back please vote here...  thanks 

http:///...achable-for-all-of-o

bobbi
bobbi Feb 7 '14
voted :)
dave Leader
dave Feb 7 '14
Thanks, and everyone still needs to vote, but until that time i have come up with a way (temporary) to handle this issue.  I say temporary because i believe that oxwall still needs to get gifs back in the core process somehow. 

What i did was i created a new directory and a new image directory for gifs. 

Set up a new page with a form on it and included it in my menu.

Then i wrote a quick php file to upload just gifs (no other file type accepted and must be under 2mb)  then someone can simply reference that file after its uploaded into a post, newsfeed, forum or whatever by just using the direct url within the site to the image.

I will provide directions of how to set it up, the form for the oxwall page where they can upload,  the php file used to process the upload.   It works pretty good..

If you are interested let me know and i will attach everything you need to this post.

Just as a sample here is what the upload page looks like on mine..

thanks
Jose
Jose Feb 8 '14
voted
Furyan Satoo
Furyan Satoo Jun 15 '14
+1 for animated gifs!

(i am testing oxwall only few days, and i am newbie, but without animated gifs is oxwall useless, sorry :(  (for me)
The Forum post is edited by Furyan Satoo Jun 17 '14