We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

problems - Compose message | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 16 '14
when i go to someone profile and click send private message 

it needs to auto add that person to the mail list

is a bit stupid have to enter there name after click i want send a mail to that person 

this needs to be fixed or the plugin is useless and is pissing my members off 
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jun 20 '14

oups, I am thinking of getting this plugin to can send messages to people I see on the Hint (User hint plugin) 

But If I have to add that person again after clicking on that button, than it makes not really sense... I guess I'll remain with the normal inbuild "send private message" function

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 20 '14
from memory  from user hint the name would be in the mail header but on click send private main on profiles no names you have to type it in rather stupid i turned the plugin off not long after buying it and has been a few months since i posted this so i guess the developer has done a runner
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jun 20 '14
Well, it would not even be necessary that he requires (his own) "Compose Message" plugin. Oxwall comes with a native "Send private message" which is on every profile. The developer of Hint User could use that instead - and it would be not necessary to retype the receivers name. But of course, then he won't make money... I am also refraining from buying the "Compose Message" plugin - because of your description. If he fixes that, than I will probably buy it - also because of being able to write group mails.
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jun 22 '14

Martin Philipps,

Recipient name is filling automatically if you click "Send Message" button from user page or User Hint. You can test it on my demo site ( demo.oxpro.org ). 

Tammy,

I can check the issue on your site if you provide me the site url.

The Forum post is edited by Sergey Kambalin Jun 22 '14
Edgar
Edgar Jul 30 '14

Hi,

I bought this plugin but at the end I didn't considered that it only works with the last versión of oxwall. I use the oxwall with versión 1.6

Can you help me for this plugin can work in Oxwall 1.6?

Regards!!!

tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 2 '14
i seen a update for the plugin so i updated it a few days ago and have not got to test  to test if it grabbed the user details yet 

but it had strange problems the chat and private messages 
please read this forum i not want write the whole problem out again 
http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/22754
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Aug 2 '14
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Aug 4 '14
Hello Tammy,

I tested all the cases on my demo site and everything works fine. What browser do you use? Try to clear your browser cache.

tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 4 '14
yes i creared all cashe but in chrome and firefox it does it make the image to large and breaks the private message box 

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Aug 4 '14
Could you PM me your site url. I will test the issue on your site.
You do not have permission to reply this topic