We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Help with CRON job [Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kostia
Kostia Mar 28 '14
Hy, can anyone help me with cron job.  DId i done everything well?  The problem is don`tn really know if it works. In this forum http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/16558  Oxwall Software  write that:

System "offlines" user right away if he logs out using "log out" button. 
If user just closes the browser, system will log him out after 30 minutes. This is controlled by core platform in  ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php:method - deleteExpiredOnlineUsers. 
Since "offlining" users is connected to Cron, you will need to make sure that it is configured properly on your server. 

But the problem is that if members dont loggout in my site they are showin still online. ( in profile and  'users' page) 

The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 10 '14
Attachments:
  unnamed.png (96.04Kb)
John
John Mar 28 '14
At a quick glance it looks like you have your Cron Jobs set for every six (6) hours. That's probably the reason.
Kostia
Kostia Mar 28 '14
but after 24 hour users is still showing online,, i dont know if i am doing something wrong.

My steps:

1. install oxwall

2. Then it shows me that i need configure cron, but i push next button, and everything works well. 

3. I havent made any changes in cron.php file or somewhere..just these. My server admins told me that i should contact developers. 

totao
totao Mar 29 '14

For users without Cron knowledge, using webcron service like easycron.com is a good alternative.

There is a tutorial at http://www.easycron.com/tutorials/how-to-set-up-cron-job-for-oxwall, may be help you set cron job.

The Forum post is edited by totao Mar 29 '14
ross Team
ross Mar 31 '14
Kostia, do you have a notification in the admin panel that you need to configure your cron jobs? Do you get e-mail notifications? Can you send mass mail?
Kostia
Kostia Apr 1 '14
no, there is no notification in admin panel (added img). I try to send mass mail and it shows that i did it but i dont get any email. 
Attachments:
  admin_.jpg (53.33Kb)
ross Team
ross Apr 1 '14
can you please check ow_base_mail table in phpmyadmin? are there any mails when you try to mass mail?
Kostia
Kostia Apr 2 '14
yes, there are mails. But i cant get any mail. I tried to creat user without admin rules, but still cant get email. 
Kostia
Kostia Apr 7 '14
and still users is showing online if they are not loging off using 'log out' button.
ross Team
ross Apr 7 '14
Kostia are those mail gone in ow_base_mail table? If not then you cron is not properly configured, which is why you have those members online. 
Kostia
Kostia Apr 7 '14
yes, they are in thiese table, but i cant`t get email in my email box. like i allready said i tried to creat another user ant watch what happens, but still cant get letter from mass mail. 

The Forum post is edited by Kostia Apr 7 '14
ross Team
ross Apr 7 '14
As I said if they stay in this table your cron is not working
Kostia
Kostia Apr 7 '14
any suggestion, what should i do? 
ross Team
ross Apr 8 '14
So, do those mails stay in the table or not?
Kostia
Kostia Apr 9 '14
yes, they are still there.
ross Team
ross Apr 9 '14
Well, that means your cron is not properly configured. contact your hosting company to get the right command to use. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 9 '14
Kostia
Kostia Apr 10 '14
Now cron is working fine :) thank you all for your help. 
ross Team
ross Apr 10 '14
Are you able to do mass mailing?
Kostia
Kostia Apr 10 '14
yes,  it works.