We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Site is redirecting/appending extra text to url[Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
MK
MK Mar 29 '14
Hi,

I have an Oxwall site installed through softaculous. It's installed in a subfolder.

When I type mysite.com/oxwall the site loads fine. When I type www.mysite.com/oxwall it redirects to mysite.com/oxwall/oxwall which gives a page not found error. Notice the extra oxwall being added.

I contacted my host provider (it's a reseller account) who went through all my settings and even installed Oxwall 3 times in different folders and attempted to resolve the problem. They looked at my dns entries and searched the Oxwall database looking for anything that might cause the redirect.

They came up empty and suggested I check with the developer.

So here I am. I did search first and only came up with one post about the same issue that did not appear to be resolved.

Any thoughts on this or where I should look next?

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 3 '14
Kristina
Kristina Mar 29 '14
I have the same problem with mine. :D

I have installed it straight into the the public_html folder and we had change the .htaccess files for some of my other scripts we changed to rewrite off BUT my phpbb board is putting in a extra domain name

http://www.krissharmsworth.com/www.krissharmsworth.com/savinghope/index.php

My hoster has had a good look at this for me and they have suggested that we ask you guys... :D

Thank you!

Kriss :)
Kristina
Kristina Mar 29 '14
Checked my config and all is ok... :D

Kristina
Kristina Mar 29 '14
I have just seen that so added the to the front of it and of it went... doh! 

One little thing!  :P :D

Thanks for your help.

MK
MK Mar 29 '14
I played with he config file last night.

My config file has mysite.com/oxwall

If I change it to www.mysite.com/oxwall

I get the same behavior only if you type in mysite.com/oxwall it redirects to www.mysite.com/oxwall/oxwall

It appears as though you can't have it both ways.

I'm going to set this up on a different server/host just to see if something changes.
MK
MK Mar 29 '14

Quote from MK I played with he config file last night.

My config file has mysite.com/oxwall

If I change it to www.mysite.com/oxwall

I get the same behavior only if you type in mysite.com/oxwall it redirects to www.mysite.com/oxwall/oxwall

It appears as though you can't have it both ways.

I'm going to set this up on a different server/host just to see if something changes.

I just set it up on a different server and got the same results.
MK
MK Mar 29 '14

Quote from Chris_W If I remember correctly, this problem has already been covered on here, a search should find it.

I found a topic but there was not a resolution. That topic was from a year ago.
ross Team
ross Mar 31 '14
MK, can you please PM me your Cpanel access details? I'll take a look at the problem
MK
MK Apr 2 '14

Quote from ross MK, can you please PM me your Cpanel access details? I'll take a look at the problem

Message sent. Thanks for looking and sorry it took so long to respond.

ross Team
ross Apr 2 '14
Matt, I have tested your installation when I type yoursite.com/oxwall it is not redirecting me to yoursite.com/oxwall/oxwall I can't reproduce the error. Seems like everything works fine. Can you please shed some light on the problem again? How can I reproduce the error. I tested both in Chrome and Firefox. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 3 '14
ross Team
ross Apr 3 '14
Ok, I contacted developer and this is a bug it will be fixed in the upcoming release. Related only to the subfolder installation. 
MK
MK Apr 3 '14
I just want to thank Ross for looking into this and confirming it is a bug. I also want to point out that as Ross said it's only an issue if Oxwall is installed in a subfolder.

I do not get the behavior if Oxwall is installed in the root.

I look forward to a fix and appreciate the support given here.

Thanks.