We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Register users not work![Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Coello
Coello Apr 22 '14
I try register a user when filling out the form, hit the button and returns to form in the database does not add any user field, I have only the administrator user.
The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 23 '14
Pete
Pete Apr 22 '14
I think you or better off downloading a copy of oxwall and doing a fresh install 
ross Team
ross Apr 23 '14
Coello, please share your URL
ross Team
ross Apr 23 '14
Coello I just registered on your website. However I still don't get a verification e-mail. Please check whether I am among unverified users. Registration was done via Chrome. I can't reproduce the issue. 
Coello
Coello Apr 23 '14
yes, you are unverified users... but.. whay dont get a verification mail???... this is de problem...
Coello
Coello Apr 23 '14

I had to create the cron job by hand, console, someone could give me the text content of the cron job to compare? 

It may be the cause of the problem cron job?

ross Team
ross Apr 23 '14
Do you use SMTP? Because the verification e-mail is sent directly to the mail server if you don't use SMTP, otherwise they are sent via Cron. Do you get other notifications/mass mailing on your website? what hosting provider do you use?
Coello
Coello Apr 23 '14
It is a (vps) server that I manage. I have to configure the mail server in the server?. Or you mean configure SMTP settings within Oxwall?
ross Team
ross Apr 23 '14
I believe even VPS has mail servers preconfigured. Well if you don't use SMTP in the admin panel, then there' something wrong with the mail server. 
Coello
Coello Apr 23 '14
Ok ... I'll see if the mail server is properly installed on the server. Sure it's not that problem?. And if you have configured on the server ... I have also set in the control panel Oxwall?
Attachments:
  smtp_oxwall.png (29.15Kb)
Coello
Coello Apr 23 '14
You can configure the smtp with gmail account?
Coello
Coello Apr 23 '14
I conf a gmail smtp, and, works fine!... thanks a lot. Greetings!
ross Team
ross Apr 23 '14
Ok, good. I'm going to mark this post as solved then.