We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Video problems | Forum

Skillfinder
Skillfinder Aug 23 '11
Since i updated video plugin i get this error

Forbidden You don't have permission to access /video/add/index/ on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Den Team
Den Aug 30 '11
Hi
This was already discussed here. This is your hosting security settings. Contact your hoster please.
Den Team
Den Aug 30 '11
Topic was moved from Plugins.
Alja Knez
Alja Knez Nov 2 '11
I have the same problem. There is no link in your reply.

---
When I checked with my provider they said that the only problem could be here "suPHP off", but they didn't fix the problem, maybe you can help me since it's urgent for this site http://www.adrenalinespot.com
The Forum post is edited by Alja Knez Nov 2 '11
Den Team
Den Nov 3 '11
You should ask your hosting to search in your apache error log the reason of forbidden this URL /video/add/index/ They should give you an exact reason.
The Forum post is edited by Den Nov 3 '11
Alja Knez
Alja Knez Nov 3 '11
Thank you very much for your quick reply... but they said they can't help me :S
Den Team
Den Nov 3 '11
Well, in this way I can't assist you :( Typically this happend due to mod_security settings which can be changed or disabled by some hostings. 
Alja Knez
Alja Knez Nov 3 '11
I'm using CPanel, can I do this on my own maybe?
Den Team
Den Nov 3 '11
Do you have a dedicated or shared hosting? If you have a shared plan and your hosting rejected you to change it - then the only way to move to another hosting or take VPS. With VPS or dedicated server only you will be able to make such changes by yourself. 
Alja Knez
Alja Knez Nov 3 '11
Thank you for your effort.. I would really need video section on my site... will ask them again.. unless you have some idea via cPanel ;)

Alja Knez
Alja Knez Nov 3 '11
Aha.. thanks for explaining it to me ;)
Den Team
Den Nov 3 '11
You are welcome ))
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 3 '11
Certain hosts allow you to create custom php.ini's, hostgator does on shared hosting. Ask them.
Mike888
Mike888 Mar 8 '12
I am using the dogserver.com  vps.. low cost vps and flexible in upgrading if and when required.
Still I cannot figure out how to display the thumb for the video in the oxwall installation. the videos are on a clipbucket installation.
Videos are running well but not thumbs.
I need to know the structure and location in the plugin where to add my clipbucket source. I searched Cpanel for the location but no luck..
anyone can help please. :-)
Attachments:
  gfnthumbvideo.JPG (14.88Kb)
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 12 '12
What video provider are you using? Is that any from the supported by Oxwall providers list?
Veronica
Veronica Mar 12 '12
Quote from Keelan Certain hosts allow you to create custom php.ini's, hostgator does on shared hosting. Ask them.

I've got the 403 Forbidden 
error coming up whenever I try embed a video - no error if I just put plain text in the box for the embed code.

My host does allow custom php.ini files.  What should I put in it?

Mike888
Mike888 Mar 12 '12
I am hosting the video on the separate simple shared hosting.
it is a clip-bucket installation
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 20 '12
@Veronica, contact your hosting company and ask them to check into error logs - there must be some specific symbol or word in the URL that is forbidden and causes the 403 error.

@Mike888, what you want requires a code modification. Consider about posting a topic in a proper forum http://www.oxwall.org/forum/117

Veronica
Veronica Mar 20 '12
Thanks, I did and they fixed it - some security setting.  All sorted out now.
Mike888
Mike888 Mar 20 '12
Hi,
I am still trying to work out in which file in the plugin I can add the clipbucket link for making the thumb related to the video visible.
I am sure it is easy, just needs to be done.
any idea?.. just need to have the location of the links, i did already check each plugin file from video, but not findings...
Pages: 1 2 »