We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

"customize this page" | Forum

Cala
Cala Sep 8 '11
I try to customize the welcome, join Now and users boxes on my www.xxx.com/index/customize page and I try to click on the cogwheel, with no results. I realy need to traslate this page. Please help me!!!
Lee
Lee Jan 9 '12

I looked into this and I have the same exact issue. I tried what Cala did with the same results. I even disabled Java.

From other simular post I noticed some have updated newfeed to fix this. I have newsfeed, but it's not active. Would this still affect the system?

It's been a while since I've tried to change my layout so I was wondering if it may have something to do with me being on a win 7 OS and IE 9?

The Forum post is edited by Lee Jan 9 '12
Den Team
Den Jan 10 '12
Guys
On customize page, click "Disable Javascript" and try to edit box again. If this will help, then it means that you have some JS error on page. You can handle these errors with FireBug extension in Firefox browser.
AL BALOCH
AL BALOCH May 13 '12
Same problem with me I tried it Disabling JavaScript but still after finishing the customize the page remains same, please tell how to remove this bug.

-------------Update-------------

Well when i used a theme without sidebar, this issue got fixed, but the bug is still with the themes with sidebar, any solution?

The Forum post is edited by AL BALOCH May 13 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. May 18 '12
Did you use the default theme? What exactly themes did you use?
Mark
Mark May 18 '12
what code do you have inside your sidebar?
AL BALOCH
AL BALOCH May 18 '12
i have used all of the themes which were in Oxwall Store, default themes,those themes which are with sidebar are giving this error. and if i change to non-sidebar theme there is not error.
AL BALOCH
AL BALOCH May 18 '12
Quote from aka_le_Mulder Did you use the default theme? What exactly themes did you use?

this 
http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/73

and http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/22

Michael I.
Michael I. May 21 '12
What build are you using? 1.3.2?
samuel jackson
samuel jackson May 21 '12
i have the same issue, i can't translate the custom html/text "welcome" its only 1 language!

and i used the grunge theme
samuel jackson
samuel jackson May 22 '12
1. i have now try with disable javascript, and the issue is still there.

2. i have delete the javascript for arrowchat and try, but the issue is still there.

3. i have delete the javascript for google analytics and the issue still there.

the custom html/text widget can't translate to multiple language :(

Michael I.
Michael I. May 28 '12
@Al, do you still having this issue?

@Samuel, can you check your website using Firebug extension for Firefox or Developer Tool for Chrome and check if there are any JS errors in the console?

AL BALOCH
AL BALOCH May 29 '12
Quote from aka_le_Mulder What build are you using? 1.3.2?

yes since i have updated to 1.3.2  from 1.3.0 i am getting this issue.
AL BALOCH
AL BALOCH May 29 '12
Quote from aka_le_Mulder @Al, do you still having this issue?

@Samuel, can you check your website using Firebug extension for Firefox or Developer Tool for Chrome and check if there are any JS errors in the console?

Yes still the same problem with the themes with sidebar if i use theme without side bar then there is not issue.
Mark
Mark May 29 '12
have you got any custom code such as javascript code for ads either in a widget or coded directly into the template?

AL BALOCH
AL BALOCH May 30 '12
Nope there is no coded script in the template, i am just using the Ads Plugin.
Mark
Mark May 30 '12
does the error occur without the ad plugin enabled?
samuel jackson
samuel jackson May 31 '12

Quote from aka_le_Mulder @Al, do you still having this issue?

yes, but you wrote me here: custom HTML/Text

It can be done as a custom modification only.

now, i don't know how can i do that, just i wont to translate the welcome box in dashboard in other languages. :(
AL BALOCH
AL BALOCH May 31 '12
Quote from Mark does the error occur without the ad plugin enabled?

I just checked it , if ads plugin is deactivated this this error does not occur, but with ads plugin the same error comes.

Thanks for the help, but what about ads plugin?

Michael I.
Michael I. Jun 3 '12
Check for the error with Firebug. 

Currently, there is no option of translating the welcome box.

Pages: 1 2 »