We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

User donated 20$ however, I do not see it - Fundraising Plugin by Oxwall CS | Forum

Kenneth
Kenneth Jun 18 '14
http://cimmarian.com/crowdfunding/project/2

It could just be because it takes time, The money did go to my paypal and I have received it I just want to make sure it isn't bugged. I'll wait 24 hours if it hasn't shown up by then I'll post here again.

Kenneth
Kenneth Jun 19 '14
24 hours later I still don't see the donation added to the widget on the website.
Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Jun 22 '14
Kenneth,
The donation should appear immediately after payment, so it seems there is an issue with your setup. Do you have IPN feature active in your PayPal account?
Kenneth
Kenneth Jun 23 '14
I don't think so, I tried to look into this but it's a bit vague on their FAQ
Using IPN in your checkout flow

Although PayPal usually processes IPN messages immediately, IPN is not synchronized with actions on your website. Internet connectivity is not always 100% reliable and IPN messages can be lost or delayed. The IPN service automatically resends messages until the listener acknowledges them. The service resents messages for up to 4 days.
Because IPN is not a real-time service, your checkout flow should not wait for the IPN message before it is allowed to complete. If the checkout flow is dependent on receiving an IPN message, processing can be delayed by system load or other reasons. Configure your checkout flow to handle a possible delay.

How to get started
  1. Check your account status. Login to PayPal. Go to your PayPal Profile and click My settings. Confirm that your “Account type” is either Premier or Business, or upgrade your account.
  2. Check your API settings. Click My selling tools. Expand “Selling online” if needed and check “API access.” Click Update and Add or edit API permission or View API signature.
  3. In your PayPal Profile, click My selling tools, click Instant Payment Notification. Follow the instructions to enable your IPN including entering your Notification URL.
  4. To create a basic IPN listener script, information is available in the following document: How To Process Instant Payment Notification Messages.
  5. Install your script on your website at the Notification URL you specified in your PayPal Profile.
  6. Test your script using the PayPal Sandbox. (Registration is free.)
  7. Once you’ve verified that your implementation works correctly in the Sandbox, you’re now ready to go live.

I added a photo and don't see to know how to get my notification URL to turn this feature on. Is this a URL in the plugin or a URL where the plugin is?

Attachments:
  problem.jpg (95.16Kb)
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 3 '14

same problem here, my test payments arrived, but the plugin shows no payment received.

It says I should create an IPN listener. Does the plugin not have such a listener already?

And if it exists, what is the URL tat I can use in my paypal settings?

A little more description for the plugin to work correctly with paypal would be really appreciated!!!

Thank you!

Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Aug 4 '14

Quote from Martin Philipps

same problem here, my test payments arrived, but the plugin shows no payment received.

It says I should create an IPN listener. Does the plugin not have such a listener already?

And if it exists, what is the URL tat I can use in my paypal settings?

A little more description for the plugin to work correctly with paypal would be really appreciated!!!

Thank you!

This is related to PayPal Billing plugin
You need to enable IPN in you PayPal account

More info here
http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14960
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Aug 4 '14

and If I set up the IPN (for the receivers account (oxwall paypal account), will old transactions be communicated, I mean the ones I was missing before? or only new ones?

Can I send a confirmation to my sites IPN URL also out of Paypal for those payments that have been made before the IPN was activated?

The Forum post is edited by Martin Philipps Aug 4 '14
Martin Philipps

I set up my IPN in my paypal account with the url:

http://jambo-congo.net/billing-paypal/order/notify 

my site shows the message : " Your order is being processed"

But neither my "Finance overview" in the Admin section nor the "Fundraising" plugin show any payment received... :(

Does it take a while? I thought Paypal is instant... At least from other sites, when I do paypal payments, the feedback is instant.

My costumers should be notified automatically and immediately that they have payed... It's too bad it seems not to be working, though I now did everything according to the manual and didnt meet any error message in the process. Just no result visible :(

Martin Philipps
Isn't the oxwall store working the same way - wit the paypal gateway? There payment is notified instantly...
Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Aug 4 '14

and If I set up the IPN (for the receivers account (oxwall paypal account), will old transactions be communicated, I mean the ones I was missing before? or only new ones?

Can I send a confirmation to my sites IPN URL also out of Paypal for those payments that have been made before the IPN was activated?

It will work only for new ones, you can try resending IPN messages for the old transactions from your PayPal account

Quote from Martin Philipps My costumers should be notified automatically and immediately that they have payed... It's too bad it seems not to be working, though I now did everything according to the manual and didnt meet any error message in the process. Just no result visible :(

In your case it needs some debugging, you can send me access to your site cpanel and I'll try to find what's the issue.
Kenneth
Kenneth Dec 26 '14

Quote from Oxwall CandyStore

It will work only for new ones, you can try resending IPN messages for the old transactions from your PayPal account

Quote from Martin Philipps My costumers should be notified automatically and immediately that they have payed... It's too bad it seems not to be working, though I now did everything according to the manual and didnt meet any error message in the process. Just no result visible :(

In your case it needs some debugging, you can send me access to your site cpanel and I'll try to find what's the issue.

I am wondering if mine is bugged, When I go to my link which is also SSL I just get a plain white page https://cimmarian.com/billing-paypal/order/notify

Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Dec 26 '14

Quote from Kenneth I am wondering if mine is bugged, When I go to my link which is also SSL I just get a plain white page https://cimmarian.com/billing-paypal/order/notify

It's ok, since when you open this page directly, you do not send any POST data, that's why it just responds with white page
Kenneth
Kenneth Jan 6 '15

Quote from Oxwall CandyStore
Quote from Kenneth I am wondering if mine is bugged, When I go to my link which is also SSL I just get a plain white page https://cimmarian.com/billing-paypal/order/notify

It's ok, since when you open this page directly, you do not send any POST data, that's why it just responds with white page

I have tried to resend notifications.....I just can't seem to get it to work. would you like to take a look. I can't tell what might be causing a problem via-IPN

Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Jan 6 '15
Kenneth,
I can check this for you, I'll need access to your cpanel
Dave
Dave Apr 24 '15
Ive got the same issue.. whats the fix for this please? (my site shows the message : " Your order is being processed")

Kenneth
Kenneth Apr 24 '15

Quote from Morangup Ive got the same issue.. whats the fix for this please? (my site shows the message : " Your order is being processed")

Double check your e-mail it is case sensitive. 
Dave
Dave Apr 26 '15
Thanks Kenneth, I'll go back and double check.. I'll post my fix to this issue when complete
Quote from Kenneth
Quote from Morangup Ive got the same issue.. whats the fix for this please? (my site shows the message : " Your order is being processed")

Double check your e-mail it is case sensitive. 

Nathan Pinno
Nathan Pinno Jul 17 '15
I've got the same issue, and I followed the steps in the other post to set up Paypal IPN.
You do not have permission to reply this topic