We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

1.7 will be supported? - User Credits | Forum

Silvio
Silvio Jun 27 '14
i'm going to buy this plugin but i would like if it will be supported for the 1.7 incoming version of oxwall (actually in beta).
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jun 30 '14
All our plugins  will support 1.7.0.
The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Jun 30 '14
Ulises Aguilera
Ulises Aguilera Jul 6 '14
1.7? When?
Musik
Musik Jul 10 '14
I updated my site to 1.7 yesterday. Credits are based on site activity such as posting/commenting on the Newsfeed and making forums posts. However, my credit balance isn't updating right now.
Ivan Saveliev
Ivan Saveliev Jul 14 '14
Is possible to assign the cost for virtual gifts?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jul 21 '14
Guys, with the 1.7.0 both Oxwall's core and User Credits plugin were modified a lot. Let me explain two major features that were added.

1. User Credits & Account types.
Site admin now can set up credits for each account type separately by selecting needed account type from the drop down menu ( see screen shot attached). Therefore make sure that you are setting up user credits for the account type of the user you are testing with.

2. User Credits & User Roles.

User Credits plugin and User Roles feature  are now connected to each other. Let's take "add photo" action , +5 for adding credits and -5 for loosing credits as an example

Situation A: user role allows adding photos, but you have set -5 within the settings of the "User Credits" plugin. Result: user credits will not be withdrawn from the user's balance, since this action is allowed by the user role.

If you will set +5, credits will NOT be added.

Situation B: user role doesn't allow adding photos, but you have set -5 within the settings of the "User Credits" plugin. User will lose 5 credits when adding a photo.

If you set +5, user will receive 5 credits.

In both situations if you would like to prioritize user role's influence, just click on "disable" button located next to each action of the "User Credits" plugin. In this case system will ignore settings of the "User Credits" plugin and will follow only the logic of  user roles feature.
The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Aug 7 '14
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jul 21 '14

Ari ,

Considering my previous post, can you provide following information:

1. How many account types do you have?
If you have more then one, make sure that you have set user credits for both account types and that you are testing with the correct user.

2. Which user role your testing user has? Does it allow adding forum posts?
What are the setting of "User Credits" plugin for "Add forum post" action?
Do User Roles and User Credits work per my description from the previous post on your site?

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jul 21 '14
Ivan Saveliev, possible. This is done within the settings of the "Gifts" plugin.

Musik
Musik Jul 31 '14

Quote from Skalfa LLC

Ari ,

If you have more then one, make sure that you have set user credits for both account types and that you are testing with the correct user.

Do User Roles and User Credits work per my description from the previous post on your site?

I have one account type and all user roles had User Credits enabled.

Notably, only one action after 1.7 still added credits, and that was adding an Event. However, I wasn't using the Oxwall Event plugin, but Puru's stand-alone Extended Events plugin.

I disabled the User Credits plugin for the time being, since it's not working properly.
Kostia
Kostia Aug 3 '14

Quote from Ari
Quote from Skalfa LLC

Ari ,

I have one account type and all user roles had User Credits enabled.

Notably, only one action after 1.7 still added credits, and that was adding an Event. However, I wasn't using the Oxwall Event plugin, but Puru's stand-alone Extended Events plugin.

I disabled the User Credits plugin for the time being, since it's not working properly.

the same problem, doesnt work. 

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 7 '14
Guys, I applogize for giving one piece of incorrect information.

---
Situation A: user role allows adding photos, but you have set -5 within the settings of the "User Credits" plugin. Result: user credits will not be withdrawn from the user's balance, since this action is allowed by the user role.

If you will set +5, credits will be added.

------

Correct: If User role allows certain action, user credits will not be added.
Kostia
Kostia Aug 7 '14

Quote from Skalfa LLC Guys, I applogize for giving one piece of incorrect information.

---

If you will set +5, credits will be added.

------

Correct: If User role allows certain action, user credits will not be added.

still waiting to fix it
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Aug 8 '14
Still doesnt work guys. The user credits are not being added or subtracted for certain features like adding photos. Other actions like adding a blog still works. 
Kostia
Kostia Aug 9 '14

Quote from OxwallAccessories Still doesnt work guys. The user credits are not being added or subtracted for certain features like adding photos. Other actions like adding a blog still works. 
sure..but then you gona update your plugins? we all are waitting more than a month..
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Aug 13 '14
Yes we are actually. We had other obligations at the moment but are updating now. 
You do not have permission to reply this topic