We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

error updating from 1.6 to 1.7. Restoring the 1.6 installation from backup [Solved] | Forum

pit
pit Jun 29 '14
**This message has been edited since had 2 problems reported. Have been separated into different posts.

To follow this topic, read Posts from July 22.
The Forum post is edited by pit Jul 24 '14
ross Team
ross Jun 29 '14
Here's the solution, however it is in russian: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/10336 use google translator.

Please do the search before posting. 

pit
pit Jul 22 '14
Hi.

Thanks for your reason.

Be sure that I search before but I put "facebook" to see all troubles about this plugin and not see nothing in english around this problem (other yes but not like mine). In russian.... ufff, I don't know how search.

Now I can't try to solve this problem because I need to restore all website first because I try to update to 1.7 and all site were down now. ;-(
ross Team
ross Jul 22 '14
Please provide your steps to update your software. Please enable debug mode to see the actual errors, see your error logs and paste the errors here, so we could assist you. 
pit
pit Jul 23 '14
thanks Ross.

Now i have this problem. I use the "darklet" theme (I change a little details like a colour of words and put some icons in menu but not more). Then I try to update only the Photo plugin and theme update and system fails (front-end and back-end). When I enable the error logs, system show me this lines:

File:    /home/bdsmhisp/www/ow_core/theme_manager.php
Line:    236
Trace:   
#0 /zzzzz/xxxx/www/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/user.php(211): OW_ThemeManager->getMasterPageTemplate('blank')
#1 [internal function]: BASE_CTRL_User->standardSignIn(Array)
#2 /zzzzz/xxxx/www/ow_core/request_handler.php(266): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(BASE_CTRL_User), Array)
#3 /zzzzz/xxxx/www/ow_core/application.php(330): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch()
#4 /zzzzz/xxxx/www/index.php(65): OW_Application->handleRequest()
#5 {main}
Type:    InvalidArgumentException
ross Team
ross Jul 23 '14
Have you deleted origin theme? If not please make sure all files are there comparing to the default package. Then enable dev mode and refresh your website. 
pit
pit Jul 23 '14
No... the origin theme it's installed in the server (but not updated)
I can upload the origin theme from my local installation to be sure what all files are in the server.

If I don't see changes, can try to downlod from the oxwall.org the last changes of origin theme and try to update by ftp.
ross Team
ross Jul 23 '14
Yes, however check whether all files in master_page folder are there. 
pit
pit Jul 23 '14
Hummmm I don't understand what's happend now... i can login now but when i do it, the website only charge any data (without theme) and in the back-end don't show any error message.

get a look if can help to detect any error: http://www.bdsmhispano.com

What is the next step?
ross Team
ross Jul 23 '14
go here: http://www.bdsmhispano.com/admin/pages/splash-screen and disable splash screen. Is this what you're referring to?
pit
pit Jul 23 '14
When i logged i see this the index page like this... (printscreen... with code at right.. partial code):

pit
pit Jul 23 '14
and when i try to charge the back-end... in http://www.bdsmhispano.com/admin/ i see this (whit font-code at right):

pit
pit Jul 23 '14
maybe if i can force to change the default theme to "origin" using the database can load the backend and then, can do more things.. no??
ross Team
ross Jul 23 '14
please pm me your admin and ftp access details
ross Team
ross Jul 23 '14
you have wrong permissions on your server. all folders should be 755 except for ow_statis, ow_userfiles, ow_plugins, ow_pluginfiles and ow_log, they should be 777 recursively, files should be 644
pit
pit Jul 23 '14
hummmmm... seems rare because the website was fine at just the moment to update but clearly, when i upload recently some files and folders to try restore the website, sure that i modified this things in last hours.
pit
pit Jul 23 '14
All permissions are changed, and default theme (origin) and darklets themes are uploaded (with correct permissions) but the problem not solve and i can't see any error, i get a clear window now.

OOOOOOuuuuuuuhhh yeah!!!!!!...
i solved my problem from updates errors. I uploaded the mailbox folder from my backup to the folder of ow_plugins/mailbox/ and all things seems go well now.

now I'm afraid to try to update my system ... I think the mailbox plugin has something not going well (and there are obviously changes as a new folder called API andfilecalled alloc.php  appears)

ross Team
ross Jul 24 '14
Pit, first of all, one request per topic, please, I overlooked your issue with updating, it should not be there. Anyway, please create another post with your last request and delete this one. 

If you issue with update is resolved, please mark this topic as solved. 

pit
pit Jul 24 '14
The instantChat plugin load bad in the "darklets" theme (and only in this theme) but yes, its solved the principal problem.
Sandy Hill
Sandy Hill Aug 2 '14
I lost a weeks worth of writing because I update something in my admin panel on one of my Oxwall sites and was left with only a white screen and no way to get into the admin panel.  I ended up having to restore the site files and database from the weekly database since the nightly site back up had the bad info.  There is something major wrong with 1.7.  For a new Oxwall site I could not load it it from via simple scripts I had to build the database, users ID and then manually load Oxwall.  Not upgrading anything on my other sites for sure.  What a nightmare.
Pages: 1 2 »