We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mailbox upgrading problems during 1.7 upgdare[Solved] | Forum

Ilja
Ilja Jul 12 '14
Hello,

After update to 1.7 my site hangs up. After some investigation I found that oxwall is running some SQL query, I believe for converting Mailbox plugin on the first run. The problem is that it runs endlessly and hangup the site (took several hours w/o success). I've ran this in phpmyadmin and found that this is very unoptimized query for my 260 000 messages in table. Therefore 1.7 simply hangs on very first page request. Any ideas how to upgrade Messages module?

The SQL query from mysql processes list:

SELECT  *FROM `ow_mailbox_message` AS t1JOIN (SELECT MAX( TIMESTAMP ) AS TIMEFROM `ow_mailbox_message`GROUP BY `conversationId`) AS t2 ON ( t1.timeStamp = t2.time )LIMIT 1 

The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 20 '14
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Jul 12 '14
Hangup,, as in page freeze and or slow page loading?
My site has this sort of issue, also no success in fixing it here either, had to do a restore back to 1.6, the retsore was NOT a Great success, seems I am stuck with starting from scratch, near 50Gig in material and 300 Members, will be lost, a true nightmare really!!!
Ilja
Ilja Jul 12 '14
It is freeze (blocked page loading). Not a slowdown.

I have the same story. Broken backup and a nightmare of rolling back from pieces.

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Jul 12 '14
I have also installed this 1.7 on a test site that is empty except for 2 other members helping me test, after 6 or so IM's it's slowing/Freezing already.
Ilja
Ilja Jul 12 '14
So still waiting for the team help for resolving mailbox messages conversion issue.
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jul 14 '14
Site has resolved to slow loads as well, hosting on managed vps.. Roleplay Social

Worked fine on roleplaysocial.net, but it has far less members and content.

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jul 14 '14
Managed to revert plugin back here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/21515?page=1#post-99908
Ilja
Ilja Jul 14 '14
Please note, this is not a slow load. This is an SQL blocking (freeze) problem when enable Mailbox/Messages module. It seems that conversion is started, but it freezes the site as too many items have to be selected from message table.

Still waiting for any suggestion. How to convert messages to new format.

Dalibor
Dalibor Jul 29 '14
Solved it with ↓↓

ow_plugins/mailbox/bol/message_dao.php

Function at line 167
You need to add index to join like this:

public function findLastMessageByConversationIdListAndUserIdList( $userIdList )
    {
        $sql = "SELECT `id`, `conversationId`, `timeStamp`, `recipientId`, `senderId`  FROM `{$this->getTableName()}` as t1
JOIN (SELECT `id` AS sid,MAX(timestamp) as time FROM `{$this->getTableName()}` GROUP BY `conversationId` ) as t2 ON (t1.timeStamp = t2.time) AND (t1.id = t2.sid) WHERE `senderId` IN ( ".$this->dbo->mergeInClause($userIdList)." ) OR `recipientId` IN ( ".$this->dbo->mergeInClause($userIdList)." )";

return $this->dbo->queryForList($sql);
    }
The Forum post is edited by Dalibor Jul 29 '14
Ilja
Ilja Aug 19 '14
Hi,  can anyone confirm,  that Dalibor fix works? 

And is there any standard solution by Oxwall team? 

ross Team
ross Aug 19 '14
Ilja, we did some DB optimization, you can check our beta version, now everything works, no need to apply this "fix"
Ilja
Ilja Aug 20 '14
Thanks, ross. Glad this is fixed. I'll waiting for the final version
Jimmy
Jimmy Sep 5 '14

Hello I have a problem with my messages My Nickname Admin Site does little more than read the messages see screenshot 

Could anyone help me Thank You 

Jimmy

ross Team
ross Sep 5 '14
what is the problem? the message does not load?

what software version do you have? what is the version of the messages plugin?

Jimmy
Jimmy Sep 5 '14
I tested with other flu but it works with my admin username not work it does not load messages and can not delete

ross Team
ross Sep 5 '14
can you PM me your admin details and Cpanel access details please?
ross Team
ross Sep 5 '14
the problem is solved
just need to recompile the cache by enabling dev mode
Jimmy
Jimmy Sep 11 '14

Hello I have a a new problem with users message  Site does little more than read the messages see screenshot 

C

ould anyone help me Thank You

ross Team
ross Sep 11 '14
What is the problem? Not loading? Enable dev mode on your website then. Refresh the website and disable it again. 
Jimmy
Jimmy Sep 11 '14
Thanks Ross It's good Now :)

Pages: 1 2 »