We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

No “ADD” Video Icon In Newsfeed Post Area | Forum

Wilson
Wilson Jul 12 '14
What happen to the “VIDEO’ icon that was in the “Newsfeed” post area? I’m running version 1.7 I notice that there is only the “ADD” photo icon but no “ADD” ‘video” icon like it was in the last version.

see attachments

Anyone know how and where we can make this happen again?

Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Jul 12 '14
Attachments:
  NOvideo-icon-a.jpg (64.68Kb)
  NOvideo-icon-b.jpg (93.99Kb)
Pete
Pete Jul 13 '14
there is not one in mine so it must be how the update has been done ,the only way you can add this back is having a custom job done in your news feed. That's if oxwall have removed this
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 13 '14
Wilson
Wilson Jul 13 '14
Hey Pete,

Well lets wait and see if we get some help on this...maybe Aliia is on it as we speak...lol

Wilson
Pete
Pete Jul 13 '14
I hope so mate ,I could do with this feature in my newsfeed
Wilson
Wilson Jul 13 '14
oh...I'm sure they just forgot to add it back when updating the core...it was there before and I don't it was causing any issues...sometime I even forget things like that when changing things around.

Lets wait and see, they got a lot on there plate! Think positive..:)

Wilson
Pete
Pete Jul 13 '14
I cant see them forgetting lol  but who knows
Wilson
Wilson Jul 13 '14
Well I know it should be there, so hopefully someone will help out. Again...Think positive..:)

Wilson
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Jul 13 '14
 I hope they add this feature back.... 
ross Team
ross Jul 13 '14
Yes, there's no add video icon in the status area anymore, you can insert just link for the video and it will be added to your video list and can be played right on the website. 
Wilson
Wilson Jul 14 '14
hey Ross,

That sound good. But if I wanted to put it back, what code would I use and where would I place it at? It would be cool to still have that option if possible?

Wilson
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
This is a custom code modification for 1.7 Please, make a post in the custom code modification section. 
Pete
Pete Jul 14 '14
Wilson you well have to post a notice on your site to inform members,its a much better way just adding the link . I did not believe for one moment oxwall forgot this lol
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 14 '14
Steven Myers
Steven Myers Sep 25 '14
Is there a way to make it visible again? I'm shocked it was not added.
ross Team
ross Sep 25 '14
See my last reply.
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Oct 23 '14

rossJul 14

This is a custom code modification for 1.7 Please, make a post in the custom code modification section.  

ross Team
ross Oct 23 '14
What is your request Serkan?