We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

The chat plugin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Maria
Maria Oct 7 '11
Hello (again) :-))I need to ask if there are some way to prune the chat?Some code maybe to write in the chat to emty it after a conversation, like "/clear" or something?
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Oct 11 '11
not real to implement because the new chat-engine (i know it from a other topic)
will make the same user login function,
and when there is a clear button, all text will clear for all user inside the chat not the text that you see and if three or more people click the clear-button permanent no one can read the chatlines.

its only a idea that the oxwall-Admin or his moderators become a clear-button for the chat. (it is a Database function to empty the db-table for the chat)

greets
FaceT

EDIT: i see that the new chat comes as paid plugin, hope there are all function inside.
The Forum post is edited by FaceTester Oct 11 '11
Den Team
Den Nov 15 '11
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
Shamica Anderson
Shamica Anderson Nov 8 '14
Hello oxwall team. I'm noticing a problem that's just happened after I'm updated the database and actual plugin. The chat does not show messages when someone is pm'd through there. It just keeps loading. Could I get some help, I'm really tryna see someone's chat PM but can't. Here's a pic of the issue.
The Forum post is edited by Shamica Anderson Nov 8 '14
Attachments:
  oxwallviewhelp.png (123Kb)
ross Team
ross Nov 9 '14
try to enable dev mode, refresh your website and disable dev mode, see if the issue persists.