We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Accessing individual member posts | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Jul 17 '14
Hi,

We have received the following query from one of our members. He wants a copy of all his content on our website.

Is there a solution?

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------

Could you please send me from the archives all my posts along with their comments made since inception? It would be great favour for me for my records and future reference. It would also be helpful for avoiding possible duplication of topics at my end. I am making this request as I do not have their hard or soft copies. I tried to copy-paste from [the website] but it did not work properly.
JB TECH
JB TECH Jul 17 '14
Each user that joins is assigned an ID in your database, and that ID is associated for any plugin that creates content from a user request.

I'm not sure of the specifics, but you can most likely create a sql.dump file of just his content, though I doubt that would be what he wants.
~Jake

www.ewtnet.us

Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Jul 22 '14
Jake, thank you.

Anybody who can help out with this one? Someone from Oxwall team perhaps?
ross Team
ross Jul 23 '14
go to ow_blogs_post table, then click on SQL do this: SELECT * FROM `ow_blogs_post` WHERE `authorId` = 1 (1 is an example you will need to find this user id in ow_base_user table), then you will need to select all hist posts and click export under the table, choose CSV format for MS excel and click go
Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Jul 23 '14
Will try this, thank you.
Quote from ross go to ow_blogs_post table, then click on SQL do this: SELECT * FROM `ow_blogs_post` WHERE `authorId` = 1 (1 is an example you will need to find this user id in ow_base_user table), then you will need to select all hist posts and click export under the table, choose CSV format for MS excel and click go

Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Jul 24 '14
Are these folders to be found under public_html? That's where I am looking and can't seem to locate them.

Quote from ross go to ow_blogs_post table, then click on SQL do this: SELECT * FROM `ow_blogs_post` WHERE `authorId` = 1 (1 is an example you will need to find this user id in ow_base_user table), then you will need to select all hist posts and click export under the table, choose CSV format for MS excel and click go

ross Team
ross Jul 24 '14
no, you need to do that via phpmyadmin
Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Jul 25 '14
Ross: I have been able to identify the user's id but it shows up zero result for him although he has posted plenty of content. The message is: MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

I ran the same query against my own id and my posts come up fine.

What could be going wrong?

ross Team
ross Jul 25 '14
can you provide a screenshot of his posts in the database, before you run the query?
Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Jul 28 '14
When I try to find his posts entering his author id, I get the following (screenshot attached0.

But if I run the same test with my id, it throws up results.

MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). ( Query took 0.0002 sec )

SELECT *
FROM `ow_blogs_post`
WHERE `authorId` =98
LIMIT 0 , 30

Attachments:
  SCD41.doc (148Kb)
ross Team
ross Jul 28 '14
Please follow my instructions, I told you not to search but run the query, you need to enter the table and click on SQL and paste the query there, just change the authorID
Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Jul 29 '14
With all due respect, I did follow your instructions. I didn't do a search at first, I ran the query. This is why I wrote that when I replicate the same query with my user id (running the query, not searching), it does throw up results. But for this particular member, it does not.

I only did a search to test it.
John
John Jul 29 '14
Hi Shreya, As Ross said, you are doing a SEARCH according to your screenshot and not an SQL QUERY. That is the Tab to the left of Search labeled SQL in your screenshot. Go to that tab and enter:

SELECT * FROM `ow_blogs_post` WHERE `authorId` = 1

(1 is an example you will need to find this user id in ow_base_user table)

Hope that helps.
Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Aug 2 '14
John: Thank you, will try it again and let you know.
Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Aug 4 '14
Attached is screenshot of the steps I am following which is giving me zero result.
Attachments:
  SCD41.doc (279Kb)
Daisy Team
Daisy Aug 4 '14
Shreya Tili, do you use the standard Blogs plugin? Do you have entries in this table? Did you try to search for your own blog posts? Did you check whether the user ID you are using is correct? Also, please make sure that the softway1_oxwall database is the correct database which your software is connected to. To do so, check the /ow_includes/config.php file.
Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Aug 5 '14
Daisy:

1. Yes, standard blogs plugin.
2. Entries in this table? By this if you mean whether the user has posts, yes he has several posts which should show up.
3. Yes. I did a search of my own blog posts and I get results perfectly fine - my posts show up in the result.
4. User ID is correct.
The Forum post is edited by Shreya Tili Aug 5 '14
Daisy Team
Daisy Aug 5 '14
Shreya Tili, could you please provide me with the following screenshots:

- screenshot of the user' blog posts on your site (http://www.domain.com/blogs/user/username)
- screenshot of the ow_blogs_post table (click the Browse button in the top menu)
- screenshot of the ow_base_user table (search for this user by username or id=98)
Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Aug 5 '14
Daisy thank you. I think I have resolved the issue. This user has posted everything under Forum, not Blogs. I ran a query under ow_forum_post and have managed to find his posts which I have successfully exported in a CSV file.

Thank you once again and thank you to John and Ross as well.
Daisy Team
Daisy Aug 5 '14
I am glad to hear that the problem is solved.  :)