We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Blank page on update [Solved] | Forum

Joe
Joe Jul 18 '14
I updated my site via admin dashboard then got a blank screen on returning to both site and admin. So I did a manual update and the same thing.

My error log reports the following:
[18-Jul-2014 12:24:10 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function addRoute() on a non-object in /home/my-site/public_html/ow_plugins/privacy/init.php on line 38

1) Will deleting the plugin resolve the issue?

2) I notice there are several folders of plugin files. What is the proper way to delete the plugin via ftp?

Thanks in advance!!!

The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 21 '14
Joe
Joe Jul 18 '14
I deleted the 'privacy' folder from the ow_pluginfiles and ow_plugins folders and got the site back.

I was able to update all plugins. It even showed an update available for the "Privacy" plugin. I updated the Privacy plugin then immediately deleted it.

Seems ok for now
The Forum post is edited by Joe Jul 18 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 21 '14
Joe, when you updated Privacy plugin, does the error persist or not?
Joe
Joe Jul 21 '14
Hi Ross, thank you...
After I updated, I deleted the plugin then re-installed and it appears to be resolved now.
ross Team
ross Jul 21 '14
Ok, good to know. I'm going to mark this post as solved. 
Sandy Hill
Sandy Hill Aug 2 '14
I wish I had seen this before I restored by site from a weekly backup.  Ok course I do have the site still on the server under a different name. I could go in and see if this solution fixes my issue with the site screen for the site.  If not I can use rename the folders again and get the back up site back again.  It is a shame it it does not work. I use Oxwall ask a locked down private journaling/writing site. I will let you know if it works.

Sandy Hill
Sandy Hill Aug 2 '14
I wish I had seen this before I restored by site from a weekly backup.  Ok course I do have the site still on the server under a different name. I could go in and see if this solution fixes my issue with the site screen for the site.  If not I can use rename the folders again and get the back up site back again.  It is a shame it it does not work. I use Oxwall ask a locked down private journaling/writing site. I will let you know if it works.

Sandy Hill
Sandy Hill Aug 2 '14
No such luck there isn't even a folder called "privacy" in the folders mentioned and I did have hidden files checked.  Oh well.
Alia Team
Alia Aug 4 '14
Sandy, Joe has deleted "Privacy" plugin because his error was related to it:

[18-Jul-2014 12:24:10 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function addRoute() on a non-object in /home/my-site/public_html/ow_plugins/privacy/init.php on line 38  .

Your issue might be caused by something else. So good place to start with is checking your error logs.