We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

suggestion for right mouse click - Cool CKEditor | Forum

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jul 21 '14

I used the free CKEditor but had to deactivate it again.

In a normal textbox, I can click with the RIGHT mouse button to see orthographic corrections when a word is misspelled, and I can change the language settings (English, French, German etc.)

With the CKEditor installed, this is no longer possible and my spelling mistakes are not corrected

It would be GREAT if the plugin can support this (standard) function, otherwise the Editor is robbed of a very handy function !!! Please try to implement it!

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jul 22 '14

yes, I use latest versions of opera, chrome and firefox. Of course they have the spellchecker and underline in read misspelled words. but the RIGHT mouseclick on a misspelled word gives only the context menu designed by the plugin: for copying and pasting.

The original (browser-native) context menu which can show corrections only pops up when i click on the background. But then of course it doesnt show corrections.

So the plugin should NOT alter the right mouse click. Because the native context menu has the copy/paste function anyway. Just try it and you will see what I mean.

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jul 22 '14

yea, that's certainly a solution. But why not simply keep the browser native context menu which has all those functions :)

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jul 23 '14
thank you, but on your demo site I don't see CoolCK at all, it has only normal text fields. But I will download the plugin and test it
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jul 23 '14
ok, I downloaded the update and it's fine now, thank you!
You do not have permission to reply this topic