We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error during installation on wampserver [Solved] | Forum

Shyam Sundar
Shyam Sundar Oct 16 '11
Hi Guys,
I'm installing oxwall latest version in WAMP Server, After a long struggle i have reached 3rd stage in installation with no success to move on to next stage. i have received "Could not connect to Database" error in installation , eventhough successful connection in second stage. i have replaced config text with config.php.

I'm new to php, so its seems very hard for me. I'm building this site for group study purpose. so please help me. it will be helpful to thousands of peoples. thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sundar
The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 19 '13
Attachments:
  installation error.jpg (111.81Kb)
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Oct 16 '11
hi Shyam,

in the second stage you give the information of the Database Connection,
in this stage no control if it correct.
Mow the next stage the oxwall-installer will connect with this information to the
Database to write the necessary tables in the DB.
At this point the oxwall-installer cant connect to the Database-Server (i think by you the MySQL).

Please check the "login" Data for your Database.

look to understand the basics.
http://docs.oxwall.org/install:manual

greets
FaceT
Shyam Sundar
Shyam Sundar Oct 16 '11
Hi FaceT,
         Thanks for quick response!! . but i have gave login info for DB as per attachment and it got validated in second stage it seems. bcs if gave anything wrong in that form it shows "Could not connect to Database
<?php

define('OW_URL_HOME', 'http://localhost/oxwall/');

define('OW_DB_HOST', 'localhost');
define('OW_DB_PORT', null);
define('OW_DB_USER', 'skadate_ow');
define('OW_DB_PASSWORD', 'root');
define('OW_DB_NAME', 'skadate_ow');

define('OW_DB_PREFIX', 'ow_');

define('OW_DIR_USERFILES', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_userfiles'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_STATIC', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_static'.DS);
define('OW_URL_STATIC', OW_URL_HOME.'ow_static/');
define('OW_URL_USERFILES', OW_URL_HOME.'ow_userfiles/');
define('OW_DIR_PLUGINFILES', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_pluginfiles/');

define('OW_PASSWORD_SALT', '4e9b2210d65b8');

define('OW_DIR_CORE', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_core'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_INC', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_includes'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_LIB', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_libraries'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_UTIL', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_utilities'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_PLUGIN', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_plugins'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_THEME', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_themes'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_SYSTEM_PLUGIN', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_system_plugins'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_SMARTY', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_smarty'.DS);

define('OW_USE_CLOUDFILES', false);

if ( defined('OW_CRON') )
{
    define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);
    define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);
    define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false);
}
else
{
    /**
    * Make changes in this block if you want to enable DEV mode and DEBUG mode
    */

define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);
    define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);
    define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false);
}

Thanks in advance man...
Attachments:
  DB.jpg (63.24Kb)
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Oct 16 '11
- which WAMP system u use ? (please a Link of Project page)

Have you construct the Database "skadate_ow" that a script can connect to this ?
Shyam Sundar
Shyam Sundar Oct 19 '11
Hi FaceT,
         i have successfully installed oxwall in wamp server. everything works fine but i'm again facing a problem which is common. i.e i want to access oxwall site from network using my IP. i have tried with online mode in wamp server, but couldnt able to connect.
Max
Max Oct 19 '11
Hi !
Verify in your httpd.conf if there is 'allow from all'

More, On your router, you have to redirect your tcp port 80 into your IP adress.

FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Oct 19 '11
OK...

-a- http://localhost/oxwall = only same PC where WAMP with oxwall
-b- http://IPofPCwhoWAMPis/oxwall = call from anywhere inside Local-Network
-c- http://PCNAMEwhoWAMPis/oxwall = call from anywhere inside Local-Network

if -b- and -c- not work, verify if have the Firewall correct statements for the WAMP communication.

HTTP connect from outside of your Local-Lan (e.g. from internet), you need a Port-Forward (port 80) inside your Router to the PC-IP with WAMP, and publish your Internet-Connection IP that anyone can see your Pages.
Further Information of Port-Forward and Dynamic-IP Services, please look in your Router Manuals, there must be articles for this section.

hope it help
greets
FaceT
I dont know
I dont know Jun 24 '13
hello help me i am getting 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

What to do now

ross Team
ross Jun 24 '13
Please contact your hosting provider support, make sure your server is configured properly: http://www.oxwall.org/hosting , and ask them to fix the issue. 
ross Team
ross Jun 24 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Frans
Frans Jul 9 '13

OK, when people are asking questions about installing WAMP (local environment) and Oxwall getting the advice to contact their hosting provider, i personally think it's time to move to another piece of software......especially when that advice comes from someone with the word "team" on their avatar.... :-S

ross Team
ross Jul 10 '13
The problem Lov experiences is related to the server setting which conflicts with the script. Which is why this must be handled by the hosting company not us. They should check the server logs and find out what setting causes this error
Frans
Frans Jul 10 '13

Quote from ross
The problem Lov experiences is related to the server setting which conflicts with the script. Which is why this must be handled by the hosting company not us. They should check the server logs and find out what setting causes this error

The problem lov experiences can be one of several, for example the allow-deny in directory settings inside httpd.conf, it can be because mod_rewrite isn't switched on (it is actually by default turned OFF in a standard WAMP installation etc.etc.)

What het can't do is call a hosting provider, simpel as that. Any hosting provider running WAMP for its users is, well, let's call it amateuristic.

Furthermore, lov stated more than once that he is running WAMP as a local installation which has nothing to do with his service provider. If you read the error het pasted you can see that it has the (standard) admin@localhost domain admin email address in the error etc.etc.

So, to just cut a long story short: Ross, you answer was just plain and simple very wrong and it shows you not only having absolute no knowledge whatsoever about WAMP or servers (or providers for that matter), it also shows that you didn't even read the questions asked and if someone asks a question you don't know the answer to, maybe it is best to just stay out of the conversation or am i saying something stupid now?

Lov can do several things but he cannot call his hosting provider to help him adjust settings on his own local WAMP environment....

The Forum post is edited by Frans Jul 10 '13
Abdul Muiz
Abdul Muiz Jul 11 '13
Quote from Lov hello help me i am getting 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

What to do now

I have solution to your problem! You just have to enable Apache>Apache module>rewrite_module in wamp icon in taskbar... and this error will be removed!
The Forum post is edited by Abdul Muiz Jul 11 '13
I dont know
I dont know Jul 11 '13

The solution is simple

enable Apache>Apache module>rewrite_module in wamp icon in taskbar

and the problem will be removed

Frans
Frans Jul 13 '13

Quote from Lov

The solution is simple

enable Apache>Apache module>rewrite_module 

in wamp icon in 
taskbar

and the problem will be removed

And you found that solution without calling your service provider ;-) ??

The Forum post is edited by Frans Jul 13 '13
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '13
Lov, are still experiencing problem with installation, or has it been installed?
I dont know
I dont know Jul 15 '13
Ya the problem has been solved.
ross Team
ross Jul 15 '13
Great!
Abdul Muiz
Abdul Muiz Aug 6 '13
I can help all those friends who still need to install oxwall on WAMP because i myself went through very tricky steps during installation oxwall LOCALLY..... ;)
Pages: 1 2 »