We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

User credits- Account types- User roles - User Credits | Forum

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 14 '14
A lot of you guys have faced following issue after updating Oxwall's core to 1.7 and our plugin to the latest version:

Quote from Syazwan Syazwan Aug 8 Hello please help , i've bought your credits plugin and it doesn't work .. When people post picture or do thing that will gain point, it won't be added to their point 

This happened because User Credits plugin were modified a lot to work with the 1.7 version of core platform. Let me explain two major features that were added.

1. User Credits & Account types.
Site admin now can set up credits for each account type separately by selecting needed account type from the drop down menu ( see screen shot attached). Therefore make sure that you are setting up user credits for the account type of the user you are testing with.

2. User Credits & User Roles.

User Credits plugin and User Roles feature  are now connected to each other. Let's take "add photo" action , +5 for adding credits and -5 for loosing credits as an example

Situation A: user role allows adding photos, but you have set -5 within the settings of the "User Credits" plugin. Result: user credits will not be withdrawn from the user's balance, since this action is allowed by the user role.

If you will set +5, credits will NOT be added.

Situation B: user role doesn't allow adding photos, but you have set -5 within the settings of the "User Credits" plugin. User will lose 5 credits when adding a photo.

If you set +5, user will receive 5 credits.

In both situations if you would like to prioritize user role's influence, just click on "disable" button located next to each action of the "User Credits" plugin. In this case system will ignore settings of the "User Credits" plugin and will follow only the logic of  user roles feature.

Please note that interval between actions should be at least 30 seconds. If you post 2 events within 30 seconds, user will receive credits only for the 1 event.

Why have we modified our plugin this way?

As already mentioned, new account type and user role systems were introduced in 1.7 version of Oxwall. The way those two feature work now open up huge possibilities to site admin's for managing users on their sites.

Account types:

Updated "User Credits" plugin, is now more flexible. You can set different credit prices for each account type. For example, if you have "male" and "female" account types, you can now set the system so that females can send PMs free of charge, while males will be encouraged to buy credits packs to start messaging females ( since sending PM will cost -5 credits).

User Roles:

Before this update, if user role didn't allow, for example, uploading photos, your users would not even see the "Add  photo" button on your site, and therefore it didn't matter how you have set "User Credits". With the new version, even if user role doesn't allow adding photos, users still see "Add photo" button ( or add blog/link/event/group) and are encouraged to buy more credits if they don't have enough once they click on "Add photo".

We believe that the way our plugin currently works is better then it used to be. At the same time we understand that site admin's need to get used to this new feature and we will be glad to assist you with setting up your "User Credits" plugin to achieve desired result. Just post your questions in this topic. Include following information in your reply:

1. how many user roles will you have on your site
2. whether you use our "Paid Membership" plugin
3. what you would like users to receive/lose credits for.

The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Aug 15 '14
Kostia
Kostia Aug 14 '14
as i said 101 time.. this plugin DOESNT WORK. i have just one account type on my website,, and no credits are added to members. 
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 15 '14
Kostia,

Situation: you have 1 account type and you would like users to receive 5 credits for adding photos.

1. Log in as site admin and open the profile of the user you are testing with. In this example I am loged in as admin and I am looking at the profile of the user named "Katie". I clicked on 'Change Role' button on Katie's profile to find out which user role she is subscribed to. She is subscribed to 'Free' user role.

2. As site admin I go to Admin panel > User Roles >Permissions section to make sure that "Free" user role DOESN'T allow adding photos. Check box for "Upload photo" should be unchecked for the user role of your testing user. In my case, for user role called "Free".

3. As site admin I go to Admin Panel > User Credits > Settings > And set "5" for "Add Photo" action, since I would like my user to receive 5 credits for adding phhotos.

4. I am now done with setting things up and can now log in as my testing user ( Katie).

5. As user "Katie" I go to my dashboard to check how many credits I have. In my case, Katie has 0 credits.

6. As user "Katie" I upload 1 photo.

7. As user "Katie" I open my dashboard and I see that 5 credits were added to my balance.

So credits worked correctly.

Kostia, please try to test again following described steps.

1. find out which user role your testing user is subscribed to
2. make sure that this user role DOESN'T allow the action you are testing with ( ex. add photo)
3. set up "User credits" plugin to add credits for the action you are testing with (ex. add photo)
5. log in as your testing user, check how many credits you have.
6. complete the action you chose for testing purposes ( ex. add photo)
7. check your credit balance.

Take screen shots of each step you are doing. And if at the end "User Credits" won't work for you, please provide those screen shots with description of what you did to me.

Thank you.
Kostia
Kostia Aug 15 '14
more simple explanacion will be..if you want to give to users credits ( the same way as it was on 1.6 ) you just need not select thiese 'user' boxs. If you select it they will do any action for free without takeing credits.

The Forum post is edited by Kostia Aug 15 '14
Attachments:
  credit.png (28Kb)
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 15 '14
Kostia  =) thanks for summing this up. I will add your summary to my original post. Thank you.

I hope that is more clear now and will help other users as well.

Kostia
Kostia Aug 16 '14

Quote from Skalfa LLC Kostia  =) thanks for summing this up. I will add your summary to my original post. Thank you.

I hope that is more clear now and will help other users as well.

ok, bus still some things i cant understood,..example:

* added +15 for photo upload,  ant -15 for cover upload..  if user upload cover it does it for free ( cover upload is count as uploadong photo)

* If i dont select in user roles example 'Allow status updates comments' .. user can`t   comment in newsfeed.. ( exmpl:  +5 cretis for newsfeed comment ).. so how he can get thiese +5 credits if it is not possible to comment.. too much mess up on this update

but if i select it he will post comment and will not get credits
The Forum post is edited by Kostia Aug 16 '14
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 19 '14
* added +15 for photo upload,  ant -15 for cover upload..  if user upload cover it does it for free ( cover upload is count as uploadong photo)

Since Profile cover is not our plugin, I can not help you with this question. You will need to contact plugin developer.

* If i dont select in user roles example 'Allow status updates comments' .. user can`t   comment in newsfeed.. ( exmpl:  +5 cretis for newsfeed comment ).. so how he can get thiese +5 credits if it is not possible to comment.. too much mess up on this update

That is not true. I have test this and if:
 - "Allow status updates" is not checked for my user role.
 - "Comment newsfeed" is set to 5 in settings of "User Credits" plugin

If I comment on newsfeed I will receive 5 credits.
Can you make sure once again that you have set this for correct user role?
Kostia
Kostia Aug 19 '14

Quote from Skalfa LLC * added +15 for photo upload,  ant -15 for cover upload..  if user upload cover it does it for free ( cover upload is count as uploadong photo)

Since Profile cover is not our plugin, I can not help you with this question. You will need to contact plugin developer.

That is not true. I have test this and if:
 - "Allow status updates" is not checked for my user role.
 - "Comment newsfeed" is set to 5 in settings of "User Credits" plugin

If I comment on newsfeed I will receive 5 credits.
Can you make sure once again that you have set this for correct user role?

added pic.
as you can see if i select box user can add comment on newsfeed ( but he cant get +5) if i not select he ( maybe could get +5) but he can`t wrote on newsfeed..  maybe there are more issue with forums, videos..have`nt tested

* one more question, should it give credits if user  just post some text on newsfeed? ( now it gives credits just if user comment another post on newsfeed)
The Forum post is edited by Kostia Aug 19 '14
Elizabeth
Elizabeth Aug 19 '14
Kostia is correct. I am running into this issue with some permissions too. I deselect the permission for the user role so the credits take over. But the user cannot earn the credits because the page will say they don't have enough permissions.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 20 '14
Kostia, will you be able to PM me your admin panel username/pass and site URL?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 20 '14
Elizabeth, can you send yours as well? Thank you.
Kostia
Kostia Aug 20 '14

Quote from Skalfa LLC Kostia, will you be able to PM me your admin panel username/pass and site URL?

ok
Elizabeth
Elizabeth Aug 20 '14
Sent.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 21 '14
Kostia,

Thank you. I have checked and all is working on your site ( I have PMed you back).

As you can notice under User Role Permissions you have two actions for newsfeed:

1. Allow status updates
2. Allow status updates comments

"Newsfeed" plugin is developed in a way that allows users to receive/lose credits only for the 2nd action ( Allow status updates comments). Therefore when setting up "User Credits" plugin you have only one setting for the newsfeed: Comment newsfeed

So first action ( Allow status updates) is not connected to our plugin at all. This action is controlled only by  User Role permissions. That is why when you were disabling this in user roles, your users could not post into newsfeed. They didn't have permissions, and since this action is not connected to User Credits, user could not have completed it using available credits.

So to sum it up, "Newsfeed" plugin allows "User Credits" plugin to work only with  status update comments. Our plugin doesn't have control over status updates themselves, only over comments. And I have made sure that this part with comments is working on your site myself. Whenever user adds a comments to status update in newsfeed he receives 5 credits.

Hope that this helps.

The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Aug 21 '14
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 21 '14
Elizabeth,

Thank you for providing access details to your site.

Regarding status update question, please check my reply to Kostia  from above.

Regarding memephoto question, you will need to contact developer of "Memephoto" plugin and ask him to update his plugin so that it can work with updated core functionality and "User Credits". Developer can find out what needs to be changed here: http://www.oxwall.org/1.7.0/CHANGELOG-dev.txt ; . "

USER SERVICES AUTHORIZATION part is the most important one since that is where the "magic" of connecting user roles to credits happens.

The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Aug 21 '14
Kostia
Kostia Aug 21 '14

Quote from Skalfa LLC Kostia,

Thank you. I have checked and all is working on your site ( I have PMed you back).

As you can notice under User Role Permissions you have two actions for newsfeed:

1. Allow status updates
2. Allow status updates comments

"Newsfeed" plugin is developed in a way that allows users to receive/lose credits only for the 2nd action ( Allow status updates comments). Therefore when setting up "User Credits" plugin you have only one setting for the newsfeed: Comment newsfeed

So first action ( Allow status updates) is not connected to our plugin at all. This action is controlled only by  User Role permissions. That is why when you were disabling this in user roles, your users could not post into newsfeed. They didn't have permissions, and since this action is not connected to User Credits, user could not have completed it using available credits.

So to sum it up, "Newsfeed" plugin allows "User Credits" plugin to work only with  status update comments. Our plugin doesn't have control over status updates themselves, only over comments. And I have made sure that this part with comments is working on your site myself. Whenever user adds a comments to status update in newsfeed he receives 5 credits.

Hope that this helps.

as i said you " hy, no its not working :) "you got 10 credits as a new user and 15 for daily login ;)"  and +5 for comment ( so 30) so for posting on newsfeed you got 0 credits so it is not working
The Forum post is edited by Kostia Aug 21 '14
Kostia
Kostia Aug 22 '14

Quote from Deleted user * one more question, should it give credits if user  just post some text on newsfeed? ( now it gives credits just if user comment another post on newsfeed) The Forum post is edited by Kostia Aug 19
undurstood, thats why i was asking you before..

The Forum post is edited by Kostia Aug 22 '14
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 22 '14
Kostia,

Sorry for sending out and deleting a couple of replies here. I was trying to come up with the a good explanation =)

>>one more question, should it give credits if user  just post some text on newsfeed? ( now it gives credits just if user comment another post on newsfeed) The Forum post is edited by Kostia Aug 19

Missed that part of your question.
If someone will face this in future, our plugin doesn't give credits if user just posts some text into newsfeed. If you would like this feature, you will need to contact developer of "Newsfeed" plugin.
The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Aug 22 '14
Kelvin
Kelvin Sep 3 '14
I want your plugin add additional credit option when some members click someone's profile and click 1~5 stars rating. 1 for 1 credit. 5 stars for 5 credits.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
How does the plugin impact other plugins which award credits for certain actions?

One of my plugin does not have user role permissions.. but still getting credits for the action?
Pages: 1 2 »
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic