We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

500 with Facebook login | Forum

Timo
Timo Aug 15 '14
I had some challenges getting Facebook login to work. I deleted the plugin, and downloaded theT new. After applying www on the facebook side of the app, i got a conenction. But after i confirm the login with facebook, i get a 500 error, instead of the frontpage.

With debug mode on, i get:
Message: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher File: /data/home/xxxxxx/public_html/homeknitters.com/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.php Line: 1254 Trace: #0 /data/home/xxxxxx/public_html/homeknitters.com/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.php(821): BaseFacebook->throwAPIException(Array) #1 /data/home/xxxxxx/public_html/homeknitters.com/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.php(652): BaseFacebook->_restserver(Array) #2 /data/home/xxxxxx/public_html/homeknitters.com/ow_plugins/fbconnect/bol/service.php(183): BaseFacebook->api(Array) #3 /data/home/xxxxxx/public_html/homeknitters.com/ow_plugins/fbconnect/bol/service.php(210): FBCONNECT_BOL_Service->fbGetFieldValueList('102041545050402...', Array) #4 /data/home/xxxxxx/public_html/homeknitters.com/ow_plugins/fbconnect/controllers/connect.php(82): FBCONNECT_BOL_Service->requestQuestionValueList('102041545050402...') #5 [internal function]: FBCONNECT_CTRL_Connect->login(Array) #6 /data/home/xxxxxx/public_html/homeknitters.com/ow_core/request_handler.php(263): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #7 /data/home/xxxxxx/public_html/homeknitters.com/ow_core/application.php(327): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() #8 /data/home/xxxxxx/public_html/homeknitters.com/index.php(65): OW_Application->handleRequest() #9 {main} Type: FacebookApiException
The Forum post is edited by Timo Aug 15 '14
ross Team
ross Aug 18 '14
Timo, 

Facebook again changed its API, which is why newly created apps do not work with new API. Our developers are working on that issue. It will be fixed asap. 

However old apps still work. 

Timo
Timo Aug 18 '14
Ok, ill se if i  can get an old one. Thnx.
ross Team
ross Aug 18 '14
Pallavi
Pallavi Sep 14 '14
I am also facing the same issue, may I know where I can find the old apps?
ross Team
ross Sep 14 '14
Old apps should be configured before and not from scratch. 
Sascha
Sascha Nov 18 '14
We're facing the same issue. Can you give us any info when this bug will be resolved? Is there anything we can do to help?
ross Team
ross Nov 18 '14
Do the search before posting. Duplicate posts make harder for other community members to do the search on the forum

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/3270?page=3#post-121351