We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Map geoposition [SOLVED] - catalog | Forum

pit
pit Aug 23 '14
Alexandr.

The map function fails... I download the last version and the map always show the 0,0 coords.

If you can arrange this bug, say me, please, what can i do to enable this funcion.

A lot of people say the the same problem and they want any reason.

The Forum post is edited by pit Aug 26 '14
Alexandr Makarov
Alexandr Makarov Aug 24 '14
this bug was fixed in previous versions, so its really strange then you have it. please PM me your site address so i can check the details
pit
pit Aug 26 '14

Hi Alexandr (and all people).

I see the what's happend... when i put any position, i use a GPS coords (like 4.88398, 29.193838) and google maps show you the coords but don't work with coords, only with street address.

I think the coords are better because you can geolocate any position, in cities or towns but in the field too. With the street addres you can't do it. For me, in this case, with street address it's well done.

Thanks Alexandr for your assistence... the problem was solved

Alexandr Makarov
Alexandr Makarov Aug 26 '14
plugin saves coords for map position, so it should work. please tell me exactly what you enter in item location field
pit
pit Aug 26 '14
Hummmmm... other thing.

We can put a street address but if we move the arrow when we are editing the geoposition, we can put the arrow in the middle of the field and theese position can be saved.

+1 to your plugin, Alexandr.

pit
pit Aug 26 '14
ahh, Alexandr... i don't see your comment.

In the past, in the item location field i put (for example) "39.7290125,-5.7437623" coords and when i saves the entry, the map was showed 0,0 coords

... but now, with the last update plugin and with cache of browser cleaned (who you say me by PM), now all rules ok.

The Forum post is edited by pit Aug 26 '14
You do not have permission to reply this topic