We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to mass delete/remove blogs/links | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Stig
Stig Aug 28 '14
Hello how to mass delete blog posts and links on my site?

I want to mass remove a users blog posts and links they've submitted but only that specific users.

I have to do it manually one by one?

Or there is a special SQL command? Or some plugin or some setting somewhere?

Thanks!!
JoshWho
JoshWho Mar 10 '15
im wondering the same thing. u would figure it would be a option in the admin section for that plugin.
Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 11 '15
Stig, presently there are no such default settings in the Admin Area.
But there may be some possible solutions for deleting content:

1. Most recommended is to delete that specific users via the Admin Area>Users>Browse Users section. It will delete all users content. And you can try to using any of the antispam plugins for preventing future spam registration, for example the Watchdog plugin. You can find them in our Store.

2.  We do not recommend to delete the posts by using the SQL command. It is hard to do as one cannot know what keys can be used in other tables and what are not.
  Here is just an example of SQL query how to delete blog posts:
DELETE FROM `databasename`.`ow_blogs_post` WHERE `authorId` = authorId value;

3. To avoid an undesirable posts we could suggest you to consider using the PreModeration plugin: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1012 . This plugin allows webmasters to pre-moderate all new content that’s being added to the site.
The Forum post is edited by Taissa Mar 11 '15
JoshWho
JoshWho Mar 11 '15
The sql query will work just fine for now. Hopefully maybe in the future it will be added as a option along with categories and everything else a blog normally has. I'm kinda wondering how many developers are working for Oxwall? seems it takes along time for just a couple of things makes me think its only one person doing it.

Not trying to sound rude but all the old Php-Nuke project i was apart of in the past we developed any ideas that sounded cool on a really fast time scale and didn't even get paid for it. It was just a fun hobby. I just don't understand how this project is so old and still seems like its in beta stage.

I'm hoping for the best. I even Donated to help with the project. I'm just hoping it will actually be used for making this a better platform.

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Mar 11 '15
Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 17 '15
JoshWho, your feedback and suggestions are very important to our team, but understandably it's quite difficult to process every single individual suggestion. This means that an answer should not be expected for every idea posted.
Let me clarify our stance on the matter.

First things first:

- the Oxwall Foundation is a non-profit unincorporated organization with limited human resources
- Oxwall software still lacks some fundamental features that are currently in development
- Our community and demand of various individual features are rapidly growing

Yet, even in the face of all this, we do our best to timely release major essential features.

We developed a flexible and easy to use PHP/MySQL software platform for everyone to extend its functionality by developing new plugins.

Our suggest board is one of the ways for us to learn what essential features the community needs. I want to stress that this board is designed specifically to give ideas and inspiration not only to our team at Oxwall Foundation, but the entire Oxwall Community, with its army of third-party developers.

The better part of the major updates come with the most important and essential features. However, to identify ideas of primary relevance we need to hear the voices of our webmasters. This is why we use the uservoice platform with its voting system for proposed features, which lets us set priorities in the dev plan if the demand really exists - the bigger the score, the higher the priority.

The eventual decision will be made based on the number of votes a suggestion received, while other ideas are skipped for the time being, generating more traction with the community.

So, please, add your suggestions on uservoice here: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall
JoshWho
JoshWho Mar 17 '15
I do appreciate that there is a open support forum for this which is always well mannered and lots of help for free available to me and other users 24/7. I have submitted suggestions but there are so many already submitted it is almost impossible for other users to see them unless they go to the last page or search for it. I wish there was a way to make the catch up game go faster. Maybe a section where users can submit code changes to it and the Oxwall team can vote on it to add it to the next update.

I'm not gonna give up on this system because i fell in love with it. 
Thanx for all the support and I'm sure I'm going to need more in the future as this project grows bigger.

Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 22 '15
JoshWho, thank you for your suggestions we will take them for consideration.
Marcus
Marcus Dec 18 '15
Hi how do I delete blog post and its tags and everything I mean all the traces?
ross Team
ross Dec 18 '15
Taissa provided the solution in her answer. See item number 2
Quote from Taissa Stig, presently there are no such default settings in the Admin Area.
But there may be some possible solutions for deleting content:

1. Most recommended is to delete that specific users via the Admin Area>Users>Browse Users section. It will delete all users content. And you can try to using any of the antispam plugins for preventing future spam registration, for example the Watchdog plugin. You can find them in our Store.

2.  We do not recommend to delete the posts by using the SQL command. It is hard to do as one cannot know what keys can be used in other tables and what are not.
  Here is just an example of SQL query how to delete blog posts:
DELETE FROM `databasename`.`ow_blogs_post` WHERE `authorId` = authorId value;

3. To avoid an undesirable posts we could suggest you to consider using the PreModeration plugin: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1012 . This plugin allows webmasters to pre-moderate all new content that’s being added to the site.

Marcus
Marcus Dec 18 '15
OK I got you. It seems as tags are saved in here: ow_base_tag
Marcus
Marcus Dec 18 '15
Is this correct?

Delete all blog posts except one user

DELETE FROM `databasename`.`ow_blogs_post` WHERE `authorId` !== 3;