We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

scrool new feed [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Akeem
Akeem Aug 29 '14
is there a plugin that allows you to scrool the neews feed instead of haveing a loooooong page?
The Forum post is edited by ross Sep 2 '14
Peatech LLC
Peatech LLC Aug 29 '14
If you want the newsfeed component (the newsfeed box's) content to have it's own scrollbar so the user doesn't have to scroll the entire page, you can add this CSS code to your theme at yoursite.com/admin/theme/css:

.ow_newsfeed{
        overflow-y: auto;
        height: 1000px; /* Note: This will change the height of the newsfeed box */
    }

Then hit 'Save' and it applies. However, this will make it give every newsfeed box on your site a scroll bar. If you want the scroll bar to only be visible on the /index page for example, go to yoursite.com/index/customize and drag a new 'Text/HTML' block anywhere. Then click the 'pencil' icon, and add the following code:

<style>
        .ow_newsfeed{
            overflow-y: auto;
            height: 1000px; /* Remember to change this to your preferred height */
        }
    </style>

Save the code, then click 'Finish Customizing.' This will now make the newsfeed block on yoursite.com/index to have the scroll bar only while the newsfeed boxes on the profiles/groups will not have the scrollbar.

Hope this helps!
~Jake,
Head of Developments
www.ewtnet.us
Akeem
Akeem Aug 30 '14
thanl you jake
Akeem
Akeem Aug 30 '14
this workd perfectly however ild also like to know if i can apply a read more otion to every user that post a loong status.
ross Team
ross Sep 1 '14
what software version do you have?
Akeem
Akeem Sep 1 '14
hey ross i am using 1.7.0
ross Team
ross Sep 2 '14
update your software to 1.7.1 there's see more feature in there for the newsfeed status. 
Akeem
Akeem Sep 2 '14
i seee thanks

ross Team
ross Sep 2 '14
No problem.