We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't Import Language File in 1.7.1 [Solved] | Forum

Rob R
Rob R Aug 29 '14
When I try to import a language file, the screen just goes blank after several seconds.  If I go back to the Language page, its just an empty language.  I'm on 1.7.1.

Any advice?
The Forum post is edited by ross Sep 7 '14
Rob R
Rob R Aug 31 '14
Absolutely any advice?
ross Team
ross Aug 31 '14
can you share your language pack here, please?
Rob R
Rob R Sep 2 '14
I have tried multiple but this ES one in particular (attached) I really need.  I got it in the language pack section of these Oxwall forums.
Attachments:
  language-pack-spanish.zip (142Kb)
ross Team
ross Sep 2 '14
Alright, I have imported the pack without any problem. Can you please enable debug mode and try again?

Also, what are the permissions of ow_pluginfiles folder?

Rob R
Rob R Sep 3 '14
ross, i confirmed ow_pluginfiles is set to 777 recursive to all files and folders.  i still get the blank screen at http://www.mysite.com/admin/languages/import/ right after I press ADD.  When I go back to the Available Languages screen, it shows the language as inactive with 4977 keys missing - theres nothing in any of the values.  I tried re-importing but with debug on but there was no debug message just the blank screen.
ross Team
ross Sep 3 '14
Can you also check the error log in your CPanel or FTP for any errors related to the issue? 
Rob R
Rob R Sep 3 '14
ross, its not as easy to look at the error log for ftp im on shared hosting.

I do notice that when adding new plugins it often asks me for FTP credentials again.  So this time I tried installing a new plugin, got asked for credentials, and immediately after successfully uploading the plugin, tried the language pack but SAME RESULT.

Is there a manual way to install language packs like with themes and plugins???? Getting very frustrated with this.

[edit]  for what its worth, it looks like i was able to export just fine (able to download zip file but have not tested it of course since i cant import)
The Forum post is edited by Rob R Sep 3 '14
ross Team
ross Sep 3 '14
Please replace the event_manager.php file in your ow_core folder with this one, this will fix the problem

All,who experience the same problem, and those who updated or installed 1.7.1 version within 5 days after the release should do the same. 

Attachments:
  event_manager.php.zip (2Kb)
Rob R
Rob R Sep 4 '14
ross, thank you so very much.  I will test this shortly.  If you don't mind my asking, what was the issue??  Particularly since it seemed to work fine for you without this patch.
ross Team
ross Sep 4 '14
Yes, there was some misconfiguration in the software. 
Rob R
Rob R Sep 6 '14
works ross!!  thanks you!!!
ross Team
ross Sep 7 '14
Great! I'm going to mark this post as Solved then. 
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Sep 10 '14
solved thanks