We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Installation & oxwall performance. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ruai
Ruai Oct 26 '10
Hi,

Just downloaded oxwall, and have tried to install it on local server.
I'm using wamp and encounter some problems, it can't connect to database.

How to solve this problem?

Secondly, does this oxwall can work well on shared hosting? Or it need dedicated server?

Thanks all.
The Forum post is edited by Ruai Oct 26 '10
Dave
Dave Oct 26 '10
Hi Ruai just make sure your server meets oxwall needs and same with shared
it does work well on shared
If you plan to host your site elsewhere make sure your host meets the following hosting requirements:

* Linux/Unix/Windows
* Apache 2 or higher (with mod_rewrite module)
* PHP 5.2.6 or higher with:
o register_globals off
o safe_mode off
* PHP modules:
o PDO
o DOM
o mbstring
o zip
o zlib
o ftp
o json
* MySQL 5.0 or higher
* GD Library 2 with FreeType support
* Mail server (SendMail, Exim or other)
Ruai
Ruai Oct 26 '10
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

I have try to install this software on local by using wamp, but it stuck at the installation process and stated that it could not connect to database. Any help on this?

I have search from previous topics and try to change the port, but it doesn't seem to work.
Dave
Dave Oct 26 '10
hi ruai did you copy the text to config file when asked too?

did you make a database for oxwall with all privaleges ?

these are a couple of things to check
Ruai
Ruai Oct 26 '10
I got this:

"Notice: Use of undefined constant OW_URL_HOME - assumed 'OW_URL_HOME' in C:\wamp\www\oxwall\ow_includes\config.php on line 5

Notice: Use of undefined constant OW_URL_HOME - assumed 'OW_URL_HOME' in C:\wamp\www\oxwall\ow_includes\config.php on line 6"

yes, I have make a database with all privaleges,
where is the text that I need to copy? Sorry, I'm new to oxwall.
Dave
Dave Oct 27 '10
during install youll get told to copy and paste some code into config.php in ow_includes
Ruai
Ruai Oct 27 '10
I have created a database and user with all privileges but no password.

I just following the instruction to install it but no luck?

What changes that need to modify the config.php? I just following the instruction but it doesn't seem to work.
The Forum post is edited by Ruai Oct 27 '10
Dave
Dave Oct 27 '10
Hi ruai can you copy your config 4 me in a zip and ill have a look at it
Ruai
Ruai Oct 29 '10
Hi Dave,

I didn't make any changes in config file so far. I have no idea at all.
Still consider to use this software but the installation process seems too complicated for me.

I really need help on this.
The Forum post is edited by Ruai Oct 29 '10
Ashok Leader
Ashok Oct 29 '10
@Ruai

Try installing directly on your hosting account .

Or If you still need to install on local server .Please look at the posts here .
One

Two
The Forum post is edited by Ashok Oct 29 '10
Ruai
Ruai Oct 30 '10
Hi Ashok,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have successfully install this software on hosting account.

I have check the previous topics, but still facing problem to install it with wamp on local host.

Will try to learn more about oxwall.
Olivia Grant
Olivia Grant Nov 15 '23
What specific WordPress speed optimization steps have you found to be most effective for ensuring a fast loading site and improving the user experience?
Ijana
Ijana Nov 15 '23
In the fast-paced world of online presence, your website's loading speed can make all the difference. Discover WordPress speed optimization, a game changer in web performance. As a powerful content management system, WordPress is widely known for its flexibility and user-friendly interface. However, an abundance of plugins, themes, and content can sometimes slow down your site's speed, resulting in a suboptimal user experience. WordPress speed optimization involves a number of strategic measures aimed at making your site load faster. From using browser caching and image compression to minimizing HTTP requests, every step is specifically designed to ensure that your WordPress site not only loads quickly, but also provides a smooth browsing experience.
The Forum post is edited by Ijana Nov 15 '23