We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

update from 1.6 to 1.7.1 error | Forum

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Sep 1 '14
Hello,

I tried upgrading to 1.7.1. As described in other posts, I first disabled all my plugins. When I tried updating the core files, I only got this error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /e500.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Now any attempt to open a page in the admin section (.../admin/...) brings the same error. So I can't even re-enable my plugins or get out of maintenance mode... I am lost :(

My only access I still have is via phpMyAdmin. Can anyone tell me how to get at least my site back via phpMyAdmin? Thank you, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Sean
Sean Sep 1 '14
Enable debug mode to see the full error
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Sep 1 '14
With Debug mode:

Message:SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'context' in 'field list'File:/home/jambo/public_html/ow_core/database.phpLine:707Trace:#0 /home/jambo/public_html/ow_core/database.php(707): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home/jambo/public_html/ow_core/database.php(460): OW_Database->execute('INSERT DELAYED ...', Array) #2 /home/jambo/public_html/ow_core/database.php(496): OW_Database->insert('INSERT DELAYED ...', Array) #3 /home/jambo/public_html/ow_core/base_dao.php(237): OW_Database->insertObject('ow_base_user_on...', Object(BOL_UserOnline), true) #4 /home/jambo/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(699): OW_BaseDao->saveDelayed(Object(BOL_UserOnline)) #5 /home/jambo/public_html/ow_core/application.php(225): BOL_UserService->updateActivityStamp(1, 1) #6 /home/jambo/public_html/index.php(51): OW_Application->init() #7 {main}Type:PDOException

ross Team
ross Sep 1 '14
Your update has not been successfully completed. Do you have a backup?
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Sep 2 '14
I asked my host (Arvixe) to load the backup for me.

If it was just not complete, do you think I can try the same procedure again? I was thinking of trying the update offered by Softaculous - or is that not recommended?

ross Team
ross Sep 2 '14
What was the procedure? Can you please elaborate?
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Sep 2 '14
I mean I did as described here in the forum: disabling plugins... etc. And I tried the update of the core files through the admin panel - and not by Softaculous.

Since it didn't work, I thought to use Softaculous for my next attempt.

ross Team
ross Sep 2 '14
Yes, do the same steps, please after restoring backup