We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

TOFF Theme Not Working | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Oct 31 '11
Hello, this is now the third time I have asked for some help getting my social site back up and working with the theme.  Everytime I respond to your response and go back and see what you have said my response is gone, no record of it..... I sent it three separate times and weeks have now passed with my website not loading...

In response to you last response on my delema,  I again did what you said, and the theme is still not loading,  I never did anything with the css , there seems to be a css file in the online folder.  I followed your instructions and made sure that the code was in header, please, please please, contact me directly by email, so I can get to the bottom of this before I loose all my interested new members.   I need some real support help here.

So review, I downloaded a new theme and reinstalled, made sure the files were there that you mentioned in your last response, and that the script was in the header. checked to see if the css file is in the online theme folder,
Gail
Den Team
Den Oct 31 '11
HelloSorry, what your issue is? 
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 1 '11
Website URL?
Screen shots?
Host?
More specific details?
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Nov 1 '11
Oh My .....ho
Theme missing can't even login to dashboard admin panel.....

Was using Macabre theme??

Gail
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20111101-dstn-70kb

The Forum post is edited by Lea Gail Parkhurst Nov 2 '11
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 1 '11
wow do not post your username and password credentials that was a silly move, i suggest you edit your post and remove the usernames and passwords and then get your host to change it immediately. You don't want anyone to just have access to your account!

This is a public forum!

The Forum post is edited by Keelan Nov 1 '11
Den Team
Den Nov 3 '11
Sorry Lea, but I still can't get your point :(
What is your site URL? Would you attache some screenshots please?
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Nov 3 '11

Oh I'm going to cry....... I did send you screen shot in my last answer in this post here it is again:  http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20111101-dstn-70kb

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON"T GET MY POINT<????

MY THEME IS NOT LOADING AND MY SOCIAL SITE LOOKS LIKE CRAP....I AM ASKING FOR THE SUPPORT TEAM TO PLEASE GO AND HELP ME FIND OUT HOW TO FIX IT>>>>PLEASE PV ME AND LOGIN AND SEE WHY IT IS NOT WORKING?  IT THIS NOT WHAT SUPPORT IS FOR......

had attached the login detail and was told to remove them PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGER ME FOR LOGIN DETAILS!

Gail

Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 3 '11
Addenster i don't know how you put up with people like this. 

1. Your screenshot is 404 page.
2. You haven't told us what host you are with, do they even meet the requirements?
3. Have you edited any core files?
4. Have you tried removing plugins to see if they are causing conflicts?

We have told you: You have no css/js links in your site. Why? more than likely YOU have changed something. 
Best way to check is try installing a test site on the same host see if you get the same issues if not then something you did wrong.

Refrain from CAPS LOCK Addenster & the support team is here to help and if you think anyone will want to help you with that attitude then you are sadly mistaken.
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Nov 4 '11
ok.....I'm sorry for getting upset, the reason you got the 404 error is that the jetscreen only keeps the image live for 24 hours: here is a new one:
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20111104-v4um-104kb
My hosting company is gogvo.com, and as mentoned earlier they have indicated that everything is fine on their end.  The website was working fine for months, and then something changed.
the url again is: http://thompsonokanaganfriendsfast.com
Again I have not edited any files more many months now.
Can you please tell me where the css/js links file usually is located, in what folder.  I have downloaded a new oxwall 1.2.6 version, and compared it folder by folder with mine and can not find any css/js links or script or folder in either one. 
Is there a generic css/js links script I can add to a file, again I do not know where it is to go or how to use it.  
Do I need to create one? If so what should it look like and where should it be uploaded, into what file and where in the file?
I am at a total loss here, just don't what else to do.  I don't understand how the oxwall software works.
I have the base.css file in the themes folder now.
Any ideas will be appreciated, the only plugins I have uploaded are the ones provided by oxwall, so they should not be causing the problem right?

Gail

Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 4 '11
What version of Oxwall is your current site running, considered upgrading if its not 1.2.6 and its plugins. Did the site ever work? 
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Nov 8 '11

Yes the site worked great up to about 6 weeks ago, I am using 1.2.6 and the latest plugin updates.

Can you provide any info on the css/js file and it's normal location and what code is in this file?

Thanks Gail

Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Nov 8 '11

Keelan, I know you are not support, but I guess that support just gave up on me?  I just wanted them to go into my admin and add the css/js file back to where it is supposed to be.  I can not promote the webiste as it is.

Gail

Max
Max Nov 8 '11
Hmm
Did you remove the 'graphite' theme ?
Try to add your theme (Macabre I believe) folder in 'ow_static/themes/'
I had the same problem last week on my community
The Forum post is edited by Max Nov 8 '11
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Dec 12 '11
Hey thanks Max for your comment, I did remove all the other themes, and it did not help my problem.  I have managed to get the theme to at least show, but the header, navigational bar, and background are not being recognized from the customize theme page?  Does anyone know what is missing that they are not recognizing the image url to the header that I uploaded, or other customized changes>
http://thompsonokanaganfriendsfast.com

Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 12 '11
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Dec 13 '11
Can you please confirm that this post is still active for response and help...thanks Gail