We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

When Will Oxwall Unlock the features on their Mobile Version | Forum

Alisa Chinedu
Alisa Chinedu Sep 12 '14
First let me start by saying that i love oxwall so much. I appreciate all the works the oxwall team has provided. And for free? You guys rock.

Please i really need to know when the mobile version features would be unlocked, because as of present, nothing seems to be working on the mobile version. It always asks to be redirected to the desktop version, and the desktop version is mostly an eyesore in most mobile devices.

I live in Africa and more than 60% of internet visits are mobile. I would really appreciate if the oxwall team would give me a time frame of when to expect the full mobile version. Or do i need to pay some money? Cos i would gladly do so.

Please i need the team to respond to me.

Thanks. Oxwall rocks.
JB Tech (FoxTechs)
JB Tech (FoxTechs) Sep 13 '14
Oxwall Mobile is still a young and new platform, as the Oxwall team has said. Therefor the code to support plugins for it isn't 101% ready to handle everything, so before the Oxwall team continues to make more and more of the core plugins (groups, blogs, forums, etc.) mobile friendly; they are going to continue to work on the way mobile is handled first.

I would believe that an expected time frame would be hard to give since it is in a continuous development stage at this point.
~Jake,
Head of Developments
www.ewtnet.us
Alex A.
Alex A. Sep 15 '14
Sounds like the official mobile platform is going to take a while from the above comments. It might be an idea to list what you feel is the most important areas in mobile should any 3rd party build a temporary solution then they can work from that.
Alisa Chinedu
Alisa Chinedu Sep 15 '14

Quote from Alex A. Sounds like the official mobile platform is going to take a while from the above comments. It might be an idea to list what you feel is the most important areas in mobile should any 3rd party build a temporary solution then they can work from that.

Hello Alex,

For me, it's the oxwall core plugins especially the forum and group feature. I see they did something about the chat and Newsfeed in the new update.

If i can get a developer that could unlock those core oxwall plugins, for a good price, I would be glad to deal.

Any help?

Alisa Chinedu
Alisa Chinedu Sep 15 '14

Quote from WebFid Solutions I believe the other mobile platforms in the store will be good enough.

The reviews are not that encouraging.
David A
David A Sep 16 '14
I have had good luck using some of the responsive themes for groups.
Alisa Chinedu
Alisa Chinedu Sep 17 '14

Quote from David A I have had good luck using some of the responsive themes for groups.

David, please can you share some of these responsive themes?

James
James Sep 19 '14
#Following
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Sep 19 '14
@ Alisa +1 ...Forum / Groups / Events are essential core plugins that some of us our oxwall sites are driven by then :) Hope oxwall will work on then soon.
Joey
Joey Sep 20 '14
Mobile is not needed.

Make a nice responsive default layout. Theme developers show this, it is possible